PDA

View Full Version : A Plaintive Chemical Plea

Theodoric
28-10-2003, 19:20
A quote from elsewhere in this forum:

"biological use enzimes which some people can be allergic to. non-bio is a more palatable way of saying chemical"

Sigh! I know it's one of those things like beating your head against a brick wall or attempting to bring back the European billion, but let's try. The only place I can think of that approximates to containing no chemicals is intergalactic space, which only contains the odd atom per cubic metre. Everywhere else is stuffed to the gunnels with chemicals. Enzymes are chemicals. Everything else in every packet of detergent in the universe contains chemicals. The packet the soap powder is contained in contains chemicals. The TV set you watch the soap powder adverts on contains chemicals. You contain chemicals.

Pritch
28-10-2003, 19:27
If everything contains chemicals, I'm going to use plasma to do all my washing from now on.

Theodoric
28-10-2003, 19:32
If everything contains chemicals, I'm going to use plasma to do all my washing from now on.
Interesting question; is a plasma full of chemicals? As it's full of ionised atoms, I'd say yes, but I stand ready to be converted.

Pritch
28-10-2003, 19:37
Interesting question; is a plasma full of chemicals? As it's full of ionised atoms, I'd say yes, but I stand ready to be converted.

The dictionary, it says:

Main Entry: 2chemical
Function: noun
Date: 1747
: a substance obtained by a chemical process or used for producing a chemical effect

Produced by a chemical process? Nope.
Used for producing a chemical effect? Ummmmmm... pass.

I dunno, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Theodoric
28-10-2003, 19:41
The dictionary, it says:

Main Entry: 2chemical
Function: noun
Date: 1747
: a substance obtained by a chemical process or used for producing a chemical effect

Produced by a chemical process? Nope.
Used for producing a chemical effect? Ummmmmm... pass.

I dunno, seemed like a good idea at the time.
Nah, it's just me. People thinking that if something comes from a plant or an animal (preferably, free range) then it's not a chemical. It is! It is! <Runs away gibbering.>

Pritch
28-10-2003, 19:53
Nah, it's just me. People thinking that if something comes from a plant or an animal (preferably, free range) then it's not a chemical. It is! It is! <Runs away gibbering.>

Indeed, I know exactly what you're on about.

Did you know that an organic lettuce contains over 400 chemicals? :eeek: ;)