PDA

View Full Version : 10mbit to 2mbit - did anyone get downgraded after calling CS?

Chrysalis
09-11-2005, 21:03
I seem to be the only one who got downgraded as a result of asking CS for a new modem, others just got told no for the modem but no downgrade as a result, am I really the only one? I have had my share of problems but this seems to rub it in :( Is there any way to bypass the billing limitation to be reupgraded?

Paul
09-11-2005, 21:21
Were you on 3M before ? if not then you really don't have much of a case, but you could try speaking to retentions rather than CS.

Chrysalis
09-11-2005, 22:29
well retentions were the ones who tried to revert it but the billing system wouldnt let them, I will calm down after a day or so just feeling bit aggrieved at the moment.

I have decided early tommorow morning I am going to get them to cancel the engineer visit, I know they will either fix the issue or just send everyone new modem's who needs them anyway no point me wasting a time slot for someone who genuinely needs it.

My case is if they didn't want me to have the 10mbit at all it shouldnt have let me upgrade on the website and showed 3mbit instead as an option, and likewise the guy on the phone should have warned me he was downgrading me instead of feeding me rubbish it isnt available and then stealthily downgrading me after the call, an option for him in the case would have been to simply send a 3mbit config to my modem. Not quite sure why he did what he did.

mandrake
23-11-2005, 14:17
Nice to see their has been someone else who was downgraded, same thing happened to me when the engineer connected my new modem yesterday(22/11/2005).
Only found out by chance after doing a speed test and found that I was getting under 1MB.
Phoned BS who informed me that i had been downgraded from 3MB to 1 MB no explanation why though, nice chap on the phone couldn't have been more helpful and the whole sorry mess was sorted in about 10mins.
Seems the gremlins at NTL are back in business.