PDA

View Full Version : notice letter help

iain_herts
09-11-2005, 14:58
well been looking for a new job for a while and finaly had a interview this moring (might have a chance hope so).

so i need help with doing a notice letter i do have a idea but it involes alot of swearing lol.(as my boss at the moment are *****)

i have no idea what i should/add to the letter.

if any1 could help then please feel free to either replay or pm me.

iain

pedantic
09-11-2005, 15:02
http://www.i-resign.com/uk/home/

Regards.

gazzae
09-11-2005, 15:03
Short and sweet..

Dear Mr boss:

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you four weeks' notice of my intention to leave my position as Dogsbody.

I wish both you and the company every good fortune and I would like to thank you for having me as part of your team.

Yours sincerely,

Joe Bloggs

Nugget
09-11-2005, 15:04
well been looking for a new job for a while and finaly had a interview this moring (might have a chance hope so).

so i need help with doing a notice letter i do have a idea but it involes alot of swearing lol.(as my boss at the moment are *****)

iain

Just a hint, but you might not want to swear at them bearing in mind you may need a reference one day ;)

As for the letter itself, I've always found that short and sweet helps - my last one was along the lines of:

Dear Whoever,

I would like to give notice of my intention to resign as an employee of [company name]. I understand that my notice period is 1 month [or whatever], so my last date of employment will be [whatever date].

Yours sincerely

Blah blah

If there's the possibility that you may go back to the company one day, it's worth flowering it up by pointing out that you would like to thank them for the time you've spent working with them / experience you've gained but, by the sound of it, that's not going to be a problem for you :D

iain_herts
09-11-2005, 15:11
well wen it comes to useing machinery with water leaking all over the power cables and that they couldnt care less(took them 4 weeks to fix the roof and i refused to use the machin at 1 point and he got all arsy cos i did it)but the place is going down hill.they have lost alot of the clients.think they only have 1 main1 now lol.

thanks all sofar for ur help.

wen i do the letter i should also include my full address just like a normale letter.

iain

SMHarman
09-11-2005, 15:23
Yes - you are writing this as part of your conditions of employment which is a contract so you should serve your notice with the ability to be contacted fully identified.

Graham
09-11-2005, 19:07

Get a photo of your boss' a$$$ and write underneath "This is where you can stick your job!" :D

Alternatively, just go for:

"Dear Sir,

"As required by my contract I hereby give 1 month's notice (or whatever) that I wish to end my employment with this company.

"Yours faithfully..."

The swearing, whilst tempting, is probably not a good idea ;)

budwieser
09-11-2005, 22:09

i have no idea what i should/add to the letter.

iain

A Bit of Advice............................................ ....
As much as you hate your Boss, work, Job ETC, ETC...Don`t burn your bridges.
One day you may have to go back.;)

Give your notice in and keep your mouth shut no matter how you feel about the place or the people you work with.

iain_herts
09-11-2005, 22:34
thanks all for ur advise will i should here about the job 2morrow albeing well.

i get on well with my work collegus and will find it hard wen its time to leave as i have made a few mates there.

but i can say this i WILL never go bk plus i cant see them lasting much longer anyway as this time off year we are normaly printing all the x-max stuff like tesco's but as u may seem some body else got that contract this year

Charlie_Bubble
09-11-2005, 22:49
Don't swear, you may need them as a reference later in life. Clearly state this is your letter of resignation, taking into account your notice period. Bear in mind that your notice period is not written in blood and is basically a gentleman's agreement, so you can leave earlier if you want, you just might not be so popular (note the not swearing reason too!).

Stuart
09-11-2005, 23:34

Get a photo of your boss' a$$$ and write underneath "This is where you can stick your job!" :D

Alternatively, just go for:

"Dear Sir,

"As required by my contract I hereby give 1 month's notice (or whatever) that I wish to end my employment with this company.

"Yours faithfully..."

The swearing, whilst tempting, is probably not a good idea ;)

"Dear Sir,

I have got a better job. Please do me a favour and **** off

Yours faithfully."

Actually, probably not a good idea.. :D Especially if you are going to need a reference from him.

When I left Sainsburys, I went in (it was a temporary contract - I was under no obligation to write to them), and told my boss exactly where he could shove his job. You should have seen his face... PMSL.