PDA

View Full Version : F connector

kafkaian
08-11-2005, 00:27
Hi, great forum

Anyone know where I can get a decent telewest f-type connector for my broadband coax? The coax going into the box, that then leads to the cable modem, has come loose and I ain't paying an engineer 75 quid for the privilege - or if they don't charge me, hanging around for half the day for them to turn up.

Oh and coax is all guey where the braid surrounds the inner core. Is this added foil interference suppression?

Cheers all

Tezcatlipoca
08-11-2005, 00:43
:welcome:

You can get F connectors from Maplin etc., along with the correct tools for fitting them.

Graham M
08-11-2005, 02:25
If you haven't fiddled with it already then TW should sort it for free.

kafkaian
08-11-2005, 10:29
Thanks fellas. I've had a look at maplins and their stuff always appears a bit sub-standard to me whereas the telewest connectors appear to have quality written all over them - apart from their service at times but that's another story.

Zeph, yeah I know but I really don't want to hang around for them. They often give a 4 hour window and apart from 10 pm onwards, I'm rarely hanging around for that long.

Cheers fellas

handyman
08-11-2005, 10:32
They might be able to post a new lead out, we used to do that at ntl faults before they decided that it required a fault tech to attend at a cost of £75 to ntl because someones house rabbit had chewed through the cable. nuts

kafkaian
08-11-2005, 10:45
They might be able to post a new lead out, we used to do that at ntl faults before they decided that it required a fault tech to attend at a cost of £75 to ntl because someones house rabbit had chewed through the cable. nuts

It wouldn't be the lead as it's the black 75ohm coaxial that comes from the tele splitter that then goes into the broadband junction box. They'll only moan that they can only do that and make their charge.

Looks like Maplins :Yikes: or the telewest engineer across the road ;)

Anyone ever tried to discuss anything technical with Maplins staff (where I am)? Chewing bricks is easier :angel: I'm sure not all Maplins staff are the same though :monkey:

peterjohno
08-07-2007, 13:24
Hi mate , dont know if your still looking , but i found these

http://mediacables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36&products_id=159