PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Plus

Ihatepigeons
07-11-2005, 15:21
Hi I'm new here, and for the last few days I've had problems getting onto the MTV live site on Broadband Plus (can't access at all now). Also with the other Music sites eg Vidzone, Video TV, I can't get ANY of the videos to play! Called Broadband support line and they still not sure why I'm having these problems. Is anyone else having problems like this or have any ideas?

I've removed spyware with 3 different antispyware programs, no viruses on system. Re-downloaded AOL Media player in case of any glitches. Used the proxy setting NTL suggested. Made sure necessary pop-ups were alllowed. Still no joy!

I like music :(

eoin.miskell
07-11-2005, 15:41
I think that it is an ntl problem as I have not been able to access Vidzone, Music Choice and MTV Live since last Friday.

Scopeuk
07-11-2005, 17:24
there was a notice up on the service status page about this

Ihatepigeons
07-11-2005, 22:37
cheers ppl :) I think it's amazing that the person I spoke to at Broadband Support only seemed aware of a problem with the Vidzone site, and wasn't aware that other Broadband Plus content was causing problems as well!

I will wait a couple of days and see if they "will investigate" or not:rolleyes:

LOL

cloggy
07-11-2005, 23:51
Hi

Same problem here, no plus video streaming since thursday last week, spoke to broadband tech support this morning after the service status showed all the service work they were doing last week was completed. They initially said nothing was known to be wrong although there was a fault with Vidzone showing a black screen. Went through all the no router being used, firewalls switched off routine. They then said there were a 'few other people' who had reported similar problems. Told them that I could stream video no problem from the standard ntlworld.com site so this proved that it was not a firewall, router, setup problem but a problem witht the plus servers. Took my details and said they would look into it. Just noticed that service status now shows another week of work with outages and, it appears, another week without plus. Come on NTL get it together PLEEEEEEse

ikthius
08-11-2005, 00:00
maybe change the proxy?

I am not sure because I am not sure what broadband plus is??????????

ik

cloggy
08-11-2005, 00:28
There is no proxy set, never has been. Last week everything working fine, as it has been for past four months, streeming video no problem. Then within 1 day nothing from any streaming video source on broadband plus (other no plus sires streaming video Ok). In this 1 day period no microsoft updates, no changes to setup and it is the same on all 5 machines on my home network. ?

Ihatepigeons
08-11-2005, 08:00
Well its 8am Tuesday, Vidzone is back on! (although Ive never been able to acdess some of the videos on the site - a problem with broken links on Vidzone ittself?) I wonder if Vidzone uses Real player?

I still can't get MTV Live, Video TV or some of the other broadband plus stuff to work! (Perhaps they use Windows Media player?).

DOH!

cloggy
08-11-2005, 23:53
Well vidzone is working now but nothing else on PLUS that involves streaming video. Brittanica seems to work with realplayer option set but not media player. I suggest you give NTL a ring on 150 and complain, the more people that do the more likely it is we will get it sorted.

To other forum readers on PLUS is antine else experiencing problems, maybe its area specific ?

jimbo2
30-11-2005, 18:16
Hi. This is my first posting here. I am currently a 10MB customer of NTL Broadband, and wondered if someone can tell me excatly how to access the music Choice radio channels on Braodband Plus. Which links do you follow and on what site - NTL or Music Choice? I find plenty of info about the 16 channels, but no sign of where to click to get access to it. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Hom3r
30-11-2005, 18:22
Welcome to the forum

theres a similar thread here that tells you where to register
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=38844