PDA

View Full Version : TV mimic boy burnt

Nemesis
28-10-2003, 15:33
From Daily Mirror :-

"A boy of 15 who tried to copy a Jackass TV stunt by jumping over flames was fighting for his life last night.
C*** P******** and some friends found cans of flammable chemicals in a disused building.
They set them alight and tried to leap over the enduing flames, mimicking performers on the controversial US show.
C***'s clothes caught fire and he suffered 30 per cent burns. He is critical in a Swansea hospital."

I blanked his name, seemed fair.

Is this the kids' fault or soceity or Jackass ???

Ramrod
28-10-2003, 15:36
The kids.

Nemesis
28-10-2003, 15:37
The kids.
I'd tend to agree, we all did stupid things as kids .. :D

Ramrod
28-10-2003, 15:44
I'd tend to agree, we all did stupid things as kids .. :DYup:rolleyes:

Shaun
28-10-2003, 16:00
Yer, pretty stupid thing to do, but I do feel sorry for him. I was burnt pretty badly when I was younger so I still feel for him even though it was his own fault! :(

ntluser
28-10-2003, 16:15
I'd tend to agree, we all did stupid things as kids .. :D

It also says something about parents and society that children today are not getting any wiser.

There seems to be a lot less common sense about these days!! :)

paulyoung666
28-10-2003, 16:16
the kid unfortunately , although someone is bound to blame jackass :rolleyes:

kronas
28-10-2003, 17:26
in light of the stupidity shown on television by shows such as jackass it comes as no suprise that kids are copying the stunts that are shown on these shows they have no one but themselves to blame if they are injured why anyone wants to watch such shows is beyond me as the incite harm and illbeing

paulyoung666
28-10-2003, 17:38
in light of the stupidity shown on television by shows such as jackass it comes as no suprise that kids are copying the stunts that are shown on these shows they have no one but themselves to blame if they are injured why anyone wants to watch such shows is beyond me as the incite harm and illbeing

because people find it funny , ok im not saying it is sensible but it sure beats watching newsnight or some other such boring stuff , im just gonna hide round the corner for a bit :eeek:

aliferste
28-10-2003, 19:15
The kids.

Yup, gotta agree with that one too.

Ramrod
28-10-2003, 19:44
in light of the stupidity shown on television by shows such as jackass it comes as no suprise that kids are copying the stunts that are shown on these shows they have no one but themselves to blame if they are injured why anyone wants to watch such shows is beyond me as the incite harm and illbeingJakass can be quite funny sometimes. Especially if you are drunk:D.
They have a big warning at the beginning of the prog warning anyone and 'their dumb little buddies' not to try any of the stunts .

Chimaera
28-10-2003, 19:53
Yeah - I have to admit I find it hysterically funny at times - and I am definately not their average audience! :)
What about the parents - allowing their obviously easily led son to watch this stuff and perhaps if they had kept a closer eye on him and the company he keeps ...... oh well, just a thought! :rolleyes:
I know it's not that easy to watch a 15 year old - but there again, shouldn't he have known better at that age?? :nono:

Russ
28-10-2003, 20:01
So when will we hear of someone trying out a stunt from Dirty Sanchez?

paulyoung666
28-10-2003, 20:04

probably soon i reckon , and sod it , i find it funnier than jackass :) :) :) :) :)

handyman
28-10-2003, 20:55

You should have seen the stuff the guys did before they got the series :eek:
very shocking, was lucky enough to meet them and see a premiere of one of their skate movies. What they do on tv is tame in comparison.

Russ
28-10-2003, 20:57
You should have seen the stuff the guys did before they got the series :eek:
very shocking, was lucky enough to meet them and see a premiere of one of their skate movies. What they do on tv is tame in comparison.

I've known Pancho for years (used to work with him) and I'm surprised that boy is still alive.

Marge
28-10-2003, 20:57
Boys will be boys and think they know best :nono:

Bex
28-10-2003, 21:05
i think that programme is ten times funnier that jackass.... and well i;ve always been partial to a nice welsh accent ;)

as for whether the kids should have done the stunts, i think it comes down to a basic lack of common sense on the kids part...come on if you do these stunts you are gonna get hurt,.....although saying that i know someone in his 20s who does a few stunts from jackass

handyman
28-10-2003, 21:06
I've known Pancho for years (used to work with him) and I'm surprised that boy is still alive.

One of them was a team leader in a call centre (dan), would that have been ntl by any chance? Plus I dont recall meeting panco was only Pritchard and Daint there with the vans or possibly globe skate team.

kronas
29-10-2003, 01:42
Jakass can be quite funny sometimes. Especially if you are drunk:D.

no its just plain stupid look at what they do i know its not meant to be serious but i stand up on this and will say that i think it should be dropped by MTV or heavily sanctioned by the ITC

because people find it funny , ok im not saying it is sensible but it sure beats watching newsnight or some other such boring stuff , im just gonna hide round the corner for a bit :eeek:

:p

sure it would :rolleyes:

but hey i did use to watch alot of news and current affairs stuff as well as keep up with economical events with business programs and that........ :eek:

Nor
29-10-2003, 02:19
Well when I was a kid we had folk jumping through flames in the park, or trying to jump their bikes over it. Jackass wasn't around then, its just the kinda thing kids do. Fire is very exciting when yer young and trying to jump through it is even more so.

Granted alot of the 'stunts' performed in tv shows and movies do put things in peoples minds. But they don't make people do it, its stupidity that makes people do it. Lets face it, the general public are in the main very stupid with kids who are stupid too. This kinda thing is going to happen. It's only a news story because someone has tried to link it to Jackass for the sole reason of creating news where there isn't any.

timewarrior2001
29-10-2003, 09:49
Well when I was a kid we had folk jumping through flames in the park, or trying to jump their bikes over it. Jackass wasn't around then, its just the kinda thing kids do. Fire is very exciting when yer young and trying to jump through it is even more so.

Granted alot of the 'stunts' performed in tv shows and movies do put things in peoples minds. But they don't make people do it, its stupidity that makes people do it. Lets face it, the general public are in the main very stupid with kids who are stupid too. This kinda thing is going to happen. It's only a news story because someone has tried to link it to Jackass for the sole reason of creating news where there isn't any.

I agree, when I was younger I had a MotoX bike, used to ride it on fields near me, when we got bored we syphoned petrol, made petrol bombs. Now yeah its stupid, but thats what kids do, when they are curious or looking for fun they take risks.
I managed to persuade people to lay down whilst I jumpe dover them on this 125CC motoX bike. Hurtling down a field at speed sup to 70mph when your 14 years old is a thrill. I have fallen off and broken several limbs, I have also raced down roads on this bike and been chased by the police.

My only saving grace was that I had full MotoX body armouor on and was therefor better protected. However that wouldnt have stopped a petrol bomb causing serious burns.