PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Advice

Angelus
07-11-2005, 10:51
Ok.

I ordered a DVD and paid for it last Sunday on the 30th October. I then
emailed the guy as i always do to make sure they received funds and when the
item would be sent. The message i got back was as follows.

Hi, you've bought off me before, so you know I'm good for it!!
it'll be with you real soon
Thanks
Andy

Ok i thought. I then proceeded to thank him and state other companies had
sold out and how happy i was for him to have copies in. We had a nice chat
and basically that was that.
Come Friday i still had not received the item. Early i know but i thought i
would ask for the tracker number so i could see where my Item was. I emailed
him and asked for the tracker number. He said when he was back in the office
he would send it me. Now unknown to me he was on a small break from the
office. As far as i knew i thought he had just left early that day. So come
Friday i once again emailed him asking for the tracker number. This is the
reply i got.

You're getting fed up? That makes two of us.
I don't know how many times I have to repeat the facts, but here goes again.

1. I am out of the office, I'm on a break with my family(although it's not
much of a break keep repeating myself, answering mails, and as soon as I get
back I will mail you with your
requested details(Monday morning).

I am still waiting. He has now stated he is going to ignore my emails. So
what do i do?

Thx in advance for any help

gazzae
07-11-2005, 10:53
Request his details and call him.

Angelus
07-11-2005, 10:55

After the fact his attitude on email stinks i dont want a heated debate on the phone.

Besides done that and the number was a mobile which was off.

LSainsbury
07-11-2005, 11:27
Hi,

As long as you get the Tracking Number you are ok - you can trace it back - he may have sent it to the wrong address.

Just send him an email saying you are sorry for emailing during his holiday, but the item has not arrived and you are getting concerned. You realise there is nothing he can do until he's back in the office - see where it goes from there. BTW - Whats his feedback like?
:tu:

Flubflow
07-11-2005, 11:53
Its probably a good idea to use the eBay community forum because there are a lot of experienced ebayers who hang out there.

Apart from genuine postage problems, in my view there are two possibile reasons for the delay...
1) He didn't have the item after all, he hoped he could get it after it sold on ebay but like you he found he couldn't source it. He wasn't prepared to admit that right away and preferred to make excuses on the fly instead.
or
2) Most people selling on ebay are doing so privately and it is not their full time occupation. So, responses and actions can be a bit slow sometimes - especially if their real job involves travelling away during the week (or if they genuinely happen to be going on a sudden holiday). For the buyer it is frustrating when you think that all the seller has to do is have the item ready packaged to send as soon as it sells and drop it in the postbox as soon as they got paid (especially if it is a small item like a DVD).

I would email him and maintain politeness.
Ask him if has he physically sent the item and on what date and that you also look forward to receiving the tracking number. He doesn't need to be back in the office or home to tell you when he sent it (according to what you have stated here so far he has only said "it'll be with you real soon" - which is not quite the same thing as actually being posted).

If you have to wait another week to get the item then when you do, wait until you get your feedback from him (hopefully positive) then you could give him either a negative or neutral feedback simply saying "Slow delivery - xx days. Very rude. Will not use again". Alternatively you could just put it behind you and move on (which is probably what the people in eBay community forums will tell you to do) unless of course the item never arrives.

SMHarman
07-11-2005, 12:10
Hi,

As long as you get the Tracking Number you are ok - you can trace it back - he may have sent it to the wrong address. :tu:Only if it is Special Delivery, not Recorded, that is only tracked once delivered.

Chrysalis
07-11-2005, 14:21
for start you can give him a negative rating.

Angelus
07-11-2005, 22:17
Anyway was in court today cause my access plight is still on going.
Got home to find a letter from parcel force yay. Collected it from my post
office :D

skyblueheroes
07-11-2005, 22:32
Patience is a virtue !

ikthius
08-11-2005, 00:59
is the item ok?

if so give him a positive, and let yourself have some patience, I am the worst I expect something I bought from the net to be with me immediately.

ik

Angelus
08-11-2005, 01:40
Its fine and i have left feedback already. Apprently the item was sent to Scotland before coming to Birmingham.

LSainsbury
08-11-2005, 13:54
Glad to hear it all ended with a positive result! :-)

MadGamer
08-11-2005, 18:07

After the fact his attitude on email stinks i dont want a heated debate on the phone.

Besides done that and the number was a mobile which was off.What i would do in the future if this ever was to happen again is send an email to Ebay, requesting them to get in touch with the seller and make sure you provide as much info as possible such as

Seller ID
Item Name
Item Reference Number