PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad USB

MadGamer
28-10-2003, 16:16
Hi all, just wondering should i update my joypad software? the reason i ask this is because Microsoft have software updates for a controller i bought today. The controller is a Microsoft Sidewinder GamerPad USB. this is what they had on their website.

SideWinder 3.02 Software

If you have one of the following SideWinder devices, make sure you have version 3.02 of the SideWinder software: FreeStyle Pro, Game Pad, Force Feedback Pro, Precision Racing Wheel, 3D Pro, and Force Feedback Wheel.

Using the SideWinder software, program the buttons and triggers to create your own custom profiles for your favorite games.

Choose one of the links below to read and accept the End User License Agreement in the corresponding language. You must accept the terms of the EULA before you can download the SideWinder Game Controller software. The one i have is underlined and in bold.

Thanks

WNA

MadGamer
29-10-2003, 23:33
I downloaded the software but it was the wrong one. I didn't install it (after i read the warning). is there software that is downloadable for my control from Microsoft?

smicer07
30-10-2003, 11:20
Is it a good controller mate?

MadGamer
30-10-2003, 12:16
Is it a good controller mate? Yes very good. However Rugby 2004 is another issue. When i go to start the game sometimes it comes up with a blue screen. Whrn i restart my PC it says Windows has recovered from a serious error. What can i do about this?

Nor
30-10-2003, 13:29
What Operating System do you have ? If its XP you don't really need the software as XP contains all its own drivers for that stuff, although the new software will allow you to bind keys to buttons etc.

Nor
30-10-2003, 13:33
Also don't get overly worried about the 'recovered from a serious error message'. Actually just worked out you probably have XP :) Its just the message you get when you get a blue screen of death.

If this only happens when you launch Rugby 2004 it could be because of a video driver issue perhaps. Not that I recomend always upgrading to the most recent version of video card drivers but it would be worth checking what video driver you have and if its old for your card.

MadGamer
30-10-2003, 14:09
I have updated my Graphics card with the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site. (Dated 23/10/03). My Graphics card is a (Geforce 4 MX420/64MB)