PDA

View Full Version : seems dead quiet

Maggy
28-10-2003, 12:05
is ntl finally on top of things?there are hardly any complaints about them being posted.or have the people who have problems just given up?

incog. :)

Paul K
28-10-2003, 12:09
Probably can't get online to post ;)

Nemesis
28-10-2003, 12:31
is ntl finally on top of things?there are hardly any complaints about them being posted.or have the people who have problems just given up?

Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing yesterday .... it is a bit quiet ...

MetaWraith
28-10-2003, 12:35
it's the calm before the storm

SMHarman
28-10-2003, 12:39
Its also half term - don't know if that makes a difference to some posters

ntluser
28-10-2003, 13:56
It does seem really quiet, even at weekends.

I used to get lots of e-mail notifications that forum members had made a posting in threads to which I was subscribed, but despite my still posting daily there are very few responses.

We also seem to be lacking threads with any reasonable topic to debate. I would have thought, for example,that the Current Affairs forum would have been buzzing with all that's going on but apparently not.

I've enjoyed the attempt to get a trivia quiz going but generally it seems to be all quiet on the western front.

Perhaps with it being half term, some regular posters have gone on holiday but we definitely need some more action on the forums.

basa
28-10-2003, 14:40

:zzz: :zzz: Hmm, wha..?, what, hmmm.... :zzz: :zzz:

(Sorry to be the one to post the predictable reply ! :) )

Maggy
28-10-2003, 14:49
This is my first post for over 6 weeks.
Perhaps part of this forum should be renamed "CLOWN ACADEMY".

I watched this forum from the first day it opened. I had little experience of forums but I was amazed with how much importance so many members gave to the number of posts they had made (even asking for their posts on .com to be added to this one). Poor sad souls.

Now so many of the regulars seem to think that their rating in the "Reputation System" is of utmost importance and even go begging for points. Compare the list of top posters and the ones discussing "Reputations", there are differences, of course, but many of the names appear in both. Perhaps they have unfulfilled lives. Remember these are the people who have enhanced powers of creating reputations!
Another reason for not posting in the "serious discussion" threads are that you are likely to be insulted by a small group if you dare to post anything which suggests that NTL are not part of the devil's army or ever do anything classifiable as O.K.

I do not post because I come onto the forum, I select "New Posts", read down the list and, usually with a deep sigh,think "Nothing worth bothering about there" and go off. Sorry if this is offensive to some but it is just the way I have come to feel about the forum. Others must have the same or similar feelings or there would be many more and varied posts. Ah well, back to silence.

if you don't want to be insulted why be insulting yourself?you have some good points to make but the way in which you made them was calculated to annoy.or is that your way of getting a discussion going?trouble is with that attitude all you will get is a flame war not a honest to goodness discussion.
so if you have a point about ntl to raise why not give it a go?

Bex
28-10-2003, 14:52
if you don't want to be insulted why be insulting yourself?you have some good points to make but the way in which you made them was calculated to annoy.or is that your way of getting a discussion going?trouble is with that attitude all you will get is a flame war not a honest to goodness discussion.
so if you have a point about ntl to raise why not give it a go?

i agree with you there coggy :D

ntluser
28-10-2003, 15:07
This is my first post for over 6 weeks.
Perhaps part of this forum should be renamed "CLOWN ACADEMY".

I watched this forum from the first day it opened. I had little experience of forums but I was amazed with how much importance so many members gave to the number of posts they had made (even asking for their posts on .com to be added to this one). Poor sad souls.

Now so many of the regulars seem to think that their rating in the "Reputation System" is of utmost importance and even go begging for points. Compare the list of top posters and the ones discussing "Reputations", there are differences, of course, but many of the names appear in both. Perhaps they have unfulfilled lives. Remember these are the people who have enhanced powers of creating reputations!
Another reason for not posting in the "serious discussion" threads are that you are likely to be insulted by a small group if you dare to post anything which suggests that NTL are not part of the devil's army or ever do anything classifiable as O.K.

I do not post because I come onto the forum, I select "New Posts", read down the list and, usually with a deep sigh,think "Nothing worth bothering about there" and go off. Sorry if this is offensive to some but it is just the way I have come to feel about the forum. Others must have the same or similar feelings or there would be many more and varied posts. Ah well, back to silence.

Thanks for that. I must admit I hadn't realised that some forum members do pay so much attention to the ratings and their reputations.

Not sure what you mean about the postings on .com being added to the postings on this site or the begging for points. Perhaps you've seen a thread that I have missed. As far as I know the number of postings displayed under each member's name is automatically recorded by the site software, but maybe you are referring to something else.

However, I do agree that some of the forum discussions do get very heated and some forum members do become abusive. The moderators do the best they can to control this.

I do agree too that some days there is nothing worth bothering with, but you aren't just a reader of this forum. You are entitled to be proactive and start threads which you think will generate interest and serious discussion.

I'd welcome more people interested in a serious discussion about topics of interest. The whole point of the forum is to get people talking and raising issues.But it's up to each member to decide the forums and threads to which they want to subscribe and contribute.

Personally, I hope that you'll start up some threads and raise issues that you are interested in, just be ready for the rough and tumble of the forum.

Nemesis
28-10-2003, 15:25
Thanks, ntluser, the threads I referred to are
Transferring Post count on 23/6/03
Post Count on 16/7/03
and related
Member Status on 20/6/03

I will give some thought to starting threads. Thanks again,

EDIT - i don't know how to make the links to these threads so have to do it the old-fashioned way.Drudge, in the top bar of each post is the post number, this one is post #15, right click and save the link, you can then paste into a reply.

Like this http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=72532&postcount=15 and yours is http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=72529&postcount=14

ntluser
28-10-2003, 15:29
Thanks, ntluser, the threads I referred to are
Transferring Post count on 23/6/03
Post Count on 16/7/03
and related
Member Status on 20/6/03

I will give some thought to starting threads. Thanks again,

EDIT - i don't know how to make the links to these threads so have to do it the old-fashioned way.

No problem, Drudge. Thanks for the thread titles and dates. They don't look familiar so I guess I must have missed them...or maybe I found something more interesting!! :)

Look forward to your making some interesting posts. Just remember in the cut and thrust of the forums some will agree with your point of view and some won't. It's all part of the game. Have fun!!

ntluser
28-10-2003, 15:39
Drudge, in the top bar of each post is the post number, this one is post #15, right click and save the link, you can then paste into a reply.

Like this http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=72532&postcount=15 and yours is http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=72529&postcount=14

Thanks for that, Nemesis. A neat trick.

I usually right click in the body of the posting and create a shortcut which appears on my desktop. I then cut and paste that into my posting but your method has its merits. :)

basa
28-10-2003, 15:49
Drudge, in the top bar of each post is the post number, this one is post #15, right click and save the link, you can then paste into a reply.

Hey...I didn't know you could do that !!!! :smokin:

poolking
28-10-2003, 20:14
The calm before the storm? :D

Maggy
28-10-2003, 21:44
Que?

Incog.i've a feeling of deja vu somehow. :)

Maggy
28-10-2003, 22:05
it's too quiet.i'm going to read instead.

Graham
28-10-2003, 23:52
It's quiet...

... too quiet...!

(c) Cliches are us!

Maggy
03-11-2003, 19:52
when i said quiet what i really meant was that folk don't seem to be posting about problems with ntl.Does this mean that,

A.most of our members have given up? :banghead:
or
B.ntl are on a roll for a short while? :eeek:
or
C.my imagination is working overtime. :batty:

because i'm not finding many people seeking help from this site.even the numbers seeking help from .com are less than usual.

incog. :romance:

Undisputedtruth
03-11-2003, 20:54
There has been a downward trend in the number of people posting on nthw generally. So much so, I would imagine the nthw sites may not be around in a years time.

Things on nthw.com were good before the sale of nthw.com to NTL. There was a 'solidarity kind of spirit' where we used to **** off NTL and shared our woeful tales of legendary poor customer services. Yes, those were the days.

Now, nthw.com is no longer a fun place to go. Even if you speak of poor customer services, you're more than likely to be frown upon mostly by NTL employees. Censorship rears its ugly head on the people that made nthw a success. You're likely to get banned if you dare speak out against NTL. The loss of these fine people are being replaced mostly by employees of NTL and dare say it, a minority of people loving NTL. As for people idolising NTL, to put things in context, even Hitler had his supporters.

Chimaera
03-11-2003, 21:17
Or could it be - that we have gone out and got a life?? :D

(Runs and hides)

Bex
03-11-2003, 21:43

(Runs and hides)

:sulk: you may have but some of us are still here.......

chimmy you are on top form tonight hun :Peaceman:

:banghead: can we stop talking about .com plzzzz

Undisputedtruth
03-11-2003, 21:45

(Runs and hides)

Which is why I have less post counts. :D :D :D

Paul
03-11-2003, 21:48
I joined both .com and .co.uk in the last couple of weeks and have posted in both.
I am already bored to death of people on .com arguing with each other about a mod called Fraz.
I also get the impression that there are little groups of people on both forums who just seem to chat to each other and pretty much ignore anyone else.
Maybe I just joined at a bad time but as it stands i'm likely to get fed up of both forums pretty quickly. Sorry. :(

Bex
03-11-2003, 21:50
I joined both .com and .co.uk in the last couple of weeks and have posted in both.
I am already bored to death of people on .com arguing with each other about a mod called Fraz.
I also get the impression that there are little groups of people on both forums who just seem to chat to each other and pretty much ignore anyone else.
Maybe I just joined at a bad time but as it stands i'm likely to get fed up of both forums pretty quickly. Sorry. :(

pem i know what you mean, when i first joined the forum i felt a bit left out......
everyone seemed to know each other.....i waded in and got into discussions and started pm'ing people.....and got to know people that way

:kiss: *hug*

Paul
03-11-2003, 21:58
Not come across pm'ing before, but something just jumped up at me saying I have one .....

Bex
03-11-2003, 22:05
Not come across pm'ing before, but something just jumped up at me saying I have one .....

well you know all about it now ;) just explained it to you via pm lol

homealone
03-11-2003, 22:42

and I'm sure I have given you a super duper 1000 poster 2 point rep point? - check your cp;) - well I couldn't give you another one, anyway?

Bex
03-11-2003, 22:47
and I'm sure I have given you a super duper 1000 poster 2 point rep point? - check your cp;) - well I couldn't give you another one, anyway?

well where are my rep points from you gaz? eh? :cry: joking babes :kiss:

homealone
03-11-2003, 22:55
well where are my rep points from you gaz? eh? :cry: joking babes :kiss:

tried honest - I have to 'spread it around' - will get back to you:)

Bex
03-11-2003, 22:57
tried honest - I have to 'spread it around' - will get back to you:)

:luv: :p