PDA

View Full Version : NTL - No Telephone Line?

Leeds_lad
04-11-2005, 21:31
Hello All, this is my first post on a message board so bear with me!
Its a bit of a rant along the same lines as the others but heres my story
4 weeks ago my phone line started getting noisy on calls, not ringing when people called and so on. Called NTL to be told it was my cordless phone but once I explained the intercom function worked fine and its only when plugged into the line the kind chap on the phone arranged an engineer visit the next day. As agreed, engineer turned up (within time), immediatly diagnosed a cable fault and ordered a re-pull - fantastic I thought - thats service, he then apologised as the next available date was for 10 days later, I called customer service later that day to confirm only be told it was due the next friday - even better.
At this point the line died completely.
So a day off booked as there must be someone present and we waited, waited and waited. Called customer services and after 20 minutes on hold they told me to call faults as they couldn't help. Called faults to be told......call customer services! after a short outburst I called backto be told it was in fact the tuesday of the next week. Bearing in mind all these calls are made on a mobile - not very cheap.
So on the Tuesday, a call from the engineer, 'no - we won't need you there, its all outside work' Got home and found the gate open so I assume we had a visit (no card left) Called CS to be told an engineer will be out in 2 days to rewire the box inside. I asked for a 4-8 call as I can be home for then, so we waited, waited and no engineer. So we call back CS, 'sorry - his last job overran - we'll book you in for saturday afternoon. We waited, and waited to be told on Monday - sorry, the engineers van broke down but, (the best bit) we did try and call your land line but it rang engaged (erm, look at the fault details, isnt that why we need an engineer?) Engineer rebooked for the tuesday, well, guess what happened. no engineer. Called back on wednesday and asked to cancel, i now have a goodwill gesture of free TV and internet and a promise of an engineer on Thursday. Guess what happened Thursday. Yup, no engineer, today I have been promised an engineer on monday and the support of an area installations manager. Heres waiting.
My other gripe is no-one seems to know whats happened or going on I have now 4 missed appointments, been told we can't calll you back or I'll call you straight back on your mobile, we don't have your mobile number - only the faults team call me on that to tell me the can't turn up - what's happening here? This isn't everything listed as its far too many calls and misinformation.
Freeview and BT never looked so good!

Chris W
04-11-2005, 22:08
:welcome:

If you PM me your name, account number and a contact number, i shall bring this to the attention of ntl.

What you have described really is appauling service.

Leeds_lad
08-11-2005, 19:14
Heres an update.

The engineer came out last night after a message from the Faults team. Managed to give me a telephone line so this is much better.

Need a cable repull - this isn't for another 2 weeks but at least I can make and receive calls.

things are looking better.....