PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 15:03
Hi all, i was just wondering what the code was for uploading mini games to a website? See i downloaded a few from www.miniclip.com and i need the code to upload them to my website can anyone help?

Thanks

WNA

Would it be a href="www.nicka.demon.co.uk/games/title of game.

Richard M
27-10-2003, 15:12
Do you have any form of PHP or ASP on your webspace?
If so, then you'll need an upload script.
Try at the link below and look for the free ones:
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/File_Manipulation/Upload_Systems/

Jon M
27-10-2003, 15:27
erm .. is using ftp to upload too obvious or am i missing the point here?

wna, you might get a few more helpers viewing the thread if the title is a bit more descriptive of the issue.

have you tried using ftp yet? we need a bit more information

zoombini
27-10-2003, 15:38
Cool, they look fun.

And these are entirely free & you can add them to your own website?
Without any popups etc?

Richard M
27-10-2003, 15:39
To be honest, you're probably better off making your own script anyway because you'll learn lots in the process. :)

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 15:41
To be honest, you're probably better off making your own script anyway because you'll learn lots in the process. :)
Err don't mean to be a pest but what do you mean?

Jon M
27-10-2003, 15:48
ok.. you need to clarify a few things... are you :

a) planning to incorporate these games into an existing website.. to enable site visitors to play them?
(no script required.. just ftp the files and amend the relavent html)

b) planning to provide an upload "feature" to your site so anyone can upload new games?
(will need a script of some description.. whether you code it yourself or insert a ready made one)

or
c) just want the files in your webspace so you can link to them in a static webpage?
(same as option a)

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 15:54
a) planning to incorporate these games into an existing website.. to enable site visitors to play them?
(no script required.. just ftp the files and amend the relavent html)

im planning on doing the above. I also need to know how to amend the specified html file

Richard M
27-10-2003, 15:59
Got there eventually then... :rolleyes: :p

Jon M
27-10-2003, 16:02
looking at the miniclip site.. all you need to do is upload the files and use the html file that they package in the .zip archive that you downloaded.
edit: if you need the code in an existing page.. just do a cut and paste of the code in the html from the .zip /edit

i'll ask this again.. have you tried ftp yet?

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 16:45
My website is on an ftp server ftp://homepages.demon.co.uk

Jon M
27-10-2003, 16:59
ok.. i may be labelled as a bit harsh.. but you now have all the information you need in the posts above.. are you "really" asking for someone to actually do it for you?

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 17:12
ok.. i may be labelled as a bit harsh.. but you now have all the information you need in the posts above.. are you "really" asking for someone to actually do it for you? No but after i upload them how do i let users access them cause theres no mention of a html file that they package in the .zip archive that i downloaded. Wheres the .zip archive?

Jon M
27-10-2003, 17:20
i don't know how you're downloading these miniclip games.. because all the games i've downloaded at random from http://www.miniclip.com have had an .html file in each one

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 17:34
Well mine just launch the games when i click on them

Jon M
27-10-2003, 17:46
ok.. before either of us lose some hair...

1) download a game from miniclip.. if you don't have a .zip file you've done it wrong.

2) open the .zip file and you should find several files like : .gif, .swf and most importantly a .html.

3) open the html file in notepad or whichever text editor is your preferred poison (wordpad/textpad ;) )
and copy what you find into one of the html files that you have previously used in your website.

4) upload ALL the files from the .zip EXCEPT the original .html.. and INCLUDE your new .html.

5) sit down and have a cup of tea.. sorry.. not you.. i'm doing that.. *sigh*

MadGamer
27-10-2003, 18:04
Ive done it now. the code i used was:

<a href="http://www.nicka.demon.co.uk/Games/sheepish.exe">Sheepish</a> (Similiar to Frogger) <p>

Jon M
27-10-2003, 18:15
/me chokes on his tea

nooooo.. can i cry now?... if i'd known that you were just doing that... oh well at least my method would let you play it in your browser