PDA

View Full Version : College Coursework Help

Michelle_Smith
31-10-2005, 17:40
What are the good and bad points about being in the police force?. All branches included. Any help would be greatly apprecieted. Thank You

daz300
31-10-2005, 17:44
i have seen this befor some where ???

MovedGoalPosts
31-10-2005, 17:45
Every few weeks you are seeking guidance on Policing Matters. What exactly are you studying? Why are we being asked to do all the legwork for you?

Michelle_Smith
31-10-2005, 17:46
The Public Services

Kliro
31-10-2005, 17:50
I would suggest going to your local police station, and asking a few officers.

Halcyon
31-10-2005, 17:53
See if you can find a police forum or go down to your local station and ask if you can get an interview with a few officers. Make sure you have a few questions pre-planned to ask them.

smicer07
31-10-2005, 17:54
Get yourself arrested. You'll learn alot about the police force, [Rob C DELETED]. Cheers.

Damien
31-10-2005, 17:56
I am pretty sure this is a history assignment for A-Levels i think

Michelle_Smith
31-10-2005, 18:22
Can anyone be of any assistance?

ScaredWebWarrior
31-10-2005, 18:36
Can anyone be of any assistance?
Probably, but what most respondants have indicated so far is that they believe you should do your own study.

The best suggestion so far was to talk to the police directly - if you mention you're on a Public Service course I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Even if someone was to answer here, how would you know they actually were (or had been) a police officer? In which case your research wouldn't be worth much.

Also, you can't really reference CF as your source. Either look for existing webpages (which you can reference), or go with the suggestions given so far.

Your studies will be worthless if you simply type up what you find without actually learning something - including learning how to do the required research.

So do the work and don't be so lazy as to have it served on a platter.

Ramrod
31-10-2005, 18:46
What are the good and bad points about being in the police force?. All branches included. Any help would be greatly apprecieted. Thank YouWe probably aren't the best ones to ask since afaik we don't have any police as members here.......

homealone
31-10-2005, 18:50
We probably aren't the best ones to ask since afaik we don't have any police as members here.......

there is at least one member who works for the Police, but it wouldn't be fair of me to mention who :)

Ramrod
31-10-2005, 18:59
there is at least one member who works for the Police, but it wouldn't be fair of me to mention who :)Works for the police or is a policeman?

homealone
31-10-2005, 19:06
there is at least one member who works for the Police, but it wouldn't be fair of me to mention who :)Works for the police or is a policeman?

works for them ;)

Halcyon
31-10-2005, 22:56
As has been said already you need to plan this and find different sources.
By contacting your local station I am sure if you tell them what you are doing they can help you. There is normally someone who deals with media and education and can provide you with some resources.

If you have time, you could even place an advert in your local newspaper or down the station asking if any retired police workers could tell you about their life in the force.
Then you could compare how the workload had changed and increased, etc.