PDA

View Full Version : BT synergy 3105 and caller id on cable

planetf1
31-10-2005, 14:13
Does anyone have the BT Synergy 3105 working on a cable line with non-BT caller id? (ie bellcore)

The synergy helpline say it will work, but I'd like to find someone who has one first.

I'll actually be using Bulldog (cable and wireless) who have their own exchange equipment (softswitch/analogue+dsl line card) but don't support BT caller id, only the bellcore style that NTL/Telewest use in some areas?

pubsinger
04-11-2005, 18:55
Hi! I've recently joined Telewest and am having caller display probs. I've got an NTL D5901SE (argos). Telewest tell me it's not compatible, NTL tell me it is! anyone got one working on Telewest?

Sorry to jump on your bandwagon planetf1

slug2005
24-12-2005, 02:35
Hey,
I am with Telewest and have requested Caller ID for my BT Synergy 3105 phones. Does it work? I think not. I've been having problems with it since the start. Most of the time the display just shows 'CALL'. Rarely has the phone displayed a number, most of which had a digit missing from the middle. Telewest say the line is fine and they aren't sure if the phone is compatible, but BT say it should be. I tried a Binatone icarus 90 on the line, and the Caller ID with that worked fine. I have come to the conclusion that it is either a faulty phone, or Telewest don't support the phone. I have been following this problem up for some weeks now, and answers would be nice. :) I'd really like to get to the bottom of this...

pubsinger
01-02-2006, 16:42
It's a load of crap from Tele West.
They know that there is a compatibility problem (an engineer admited as much) but they dont inform potential customers.

I asked TW why not. They said that they didnt think it was their responsibility.

I said so, if I had just invested in a £300 all singing all dancing phone system a week before I join TW only to find that after commiting to TW for 12 months that theres a Caller ID issue and so technically to get the service I require I'll have to but a new phone, they dont think its their responsibility tell potential customers to check compatibility before they join?

They said "no they didn't"

I would not have joined TW if I had known because caller ID is very high on our priorities. Their policy prevented me from making an informed decision on whether to join them.

I'm going back to BT and switching to Sky when my contracts up.

Paul K
01-02-2006, 17:04
NTL have done the same to hundreds of customers, my partner just went back to BT after waiting a number of years for the "coming soon" caller ID.