PDA

View Full Version : Line Rental

lemarsh
30-10-2005, 11:31
Do NTL do a cheaper line rental for low users, as BT does (presuming they still do).

I had NTL phone installed in February, under the offer of Free Line Rental for a year. My phone calls average about £3 per month.

I don't really want to have my phone bill tripled by the Line Rental, and could do without it, although this would be more inconvenient. Obviosuly I could swap to BT.

Have NTL Internet (£24.99 ), but it is a SACM, so again no need for a phone for this.

sollp
30-10-2005, 11:43
Do NTL do a cheaper line rental for low users, as BT does (presuming they still do).

I had NTL phone installed in February, under the offer of Free Line Rental for a year. My phone calls average about £3 per month.

I don't really want to have my phone bill tripled by the Line Rental, and could do without it, although this would be more inconvenient. Obviosuly I could swap to BT.

Have NTL Internet (£24.99 ), but it is a SACM, so again no need for a phone for this.

I haven't looked into this but thought BT line rental was a standard rate regarless of useage. Slightly cheaper if paid by DD. Just had a look on BT site can't find anything relating to cheaper line rental for low useage.

lemarsh
30-10-2005, 11:52
Here is BT's light user scheme. (http://www.bt.com/customerservices/cust_details.jsp?parentcat=cs_lu_scheme&childcat=are_you_eligible)

May be useful for other people.

Rillington
30-10-2005, 22:13
I think they are the same. I pay BT £10.50 per month line rental.

quadplay
30-10-2005, 22:15
ntl do not do a Light User Scheme that I'm aware of, however BT's has a LOT of conditions attached to it. You can't have it if you've got a mobile phone or ADSL, for example.

sollp
30-10-2005, 22:31
ntl do not do a Light User Scheme that I'm aware of, however BT's has a LOT of conditions attached to it. You can't have it if you've got a mobile phone or ADSL, for example.

Yes i found that as well on the BT site, almost not worth having, or is that the way it's designed?