PDA

View Full Version : Criminal

Nidge
29-10-2005, 13:32
The place where I've been doing some work for is closing an old warehouse, it's full of laptops, laser printers, monitors, software, desks, leather chairs etc etc. The manager told me to get what I wanted just to give him a ring so he could ok with security so they would let me in. Last night I phoned him to ask him if it would be ok to pop up today? Yes he said no problem I'll let security know you'll be coming in get what you want was his words we are only going to scrap everything or throw it away. I rolled up this morning with the lorry the security guard let me in, he said to me I've got some stuff that needs moving will you do it for me? No problem mate, he shoved £30 in my hand and told me to deliver it to his house which was under a mile down the road, I came back to have a look round to see what there was, we went to the offices to be greeted with what one can only call devastation, all the monitors had been hit with a hammer, the laptops had been thrown against the wall, the printers had also been hit with a hammer, the look on the security guards face was a picture.

We got on the phone to the MD to ask him if he knew anything about the damage? He said no I'm on my way down, within 15 minutes he was on site, he came to the offices to see the mess, his words were I'm going to kill them, I said kill who? He said the scrap men who've been in stripping all the metal out of the building, they asked him if they could have a few machines, he said yes when all the staff have had what they want and the people who I invite to have a look, whats left is yours he told them, they must have took it the wrong way and smashed the whole lot up, now this MD is a gentleman he'd given the scrap men the run of the place, he even gave them 2 industrial fridges free of charge, 2 microwaves, and industrial dishwasher I could go on, they repay him with this, he's not even charging them for the scrap they take off site.

To say I was gutted is a underestimation, thoughts please.

Ramrod
29-10-2005, 13:39
Sh*t happens :shrug: :(

atlantis
29-10-2005, 13:40
Complete loss for words:erm:

Are they insured, so that way the MD could claim compensation?

dilli-theclaw
29-10-2005, 13:42
Why didn't the security bloke know what it was like inside before you turned up? Doesnt' he check the buildings when he's there? Or did he only meet you there kind of thing?

Nidge
29-10-2005, 13:45
Complete loss for words:erm:

Are they insured, so that way the MD could claim compensation?

The MD was on about getting the rozzers involved, the security has got them on CCTV entering the room on Friday afternoon then coming out 20 minutes later, I doubt wheather the rozzers will do anything but you never know. He was going to give a load of stuff the the local School for them to use in IT but that got damaged too. He gave me a high back leather office char and a brass coat stand for the missus.

Why didn't the security bloke know what it was like inside before you turned up? Doesnt' he check the buildings when he's there? Or did he only meet you there kind of thing?

The place is locked when everyone signs out, the guy who was on nights last night didn't have to go round that side of the building on his patrol, plus the scrapmen had left before the nightman came on.