PDA

View Full Version : why can't i get a standalone modem...

darkangel
26-10-2003, 20:20
why can't i get a standalone modem, when my m8 a few mile away in ashton can?:confused:

scrotnig
26-10-2003, 20:29
why can't i get a standalone modem, when my m8 a few mile away in ashton can?:confused:If you are in an ntl:cabled area, you'll probably be able to get a Stand Alone Cable Modem.

If no cable has been laid in your street, then unfortunately, it simply means that when the cable was laid your street was not done, if that's the case then there's nothing that can be done as no new cabhle is being laid at present.

If your street IS cabled, then you should be able to have a modem.....if you want to get in touch I will see if I can assist.

darkangel
26-10-2003, 21:56
If you are in an ntl:cabled area, you'll probably be able to get a Stand Alone Cable Modem.

If no cable has been laid in your street, then unfortunately, it simply means that when the cable was laid your street was not done, if that's the case then there's nothing that can be done as no new cabhle is being laid at present.

If your street IS cabled, then you should be able to have a modem.....if you want to get in touch I will see if I can assist.
not sure u understood? I've got a stb and I'm currently on the 1MB package i would much rather have sky for TV but ntl for BB with a standalone modem
ps i'm in manchester

Florence
26-10-2003, 22:39
not sure u understood? I've got a stb and I'm currently on the 1MB package i would much rather have sky for TV but ntl for BB with a standalone modem
ps i'm in manchester
I am getting mine changed over this thursday to a SACM

Frank
26-10-2003, 23:19
I've got a stb and I'm currently on the 1MB package i would much rather have sky for TV but ntl for BB with a standalone modemWell you can then. Cancel your TV and they will come and take away the box (in theory and if they can organise that). Tell them you want to keep the CM but not the TV.