PDA

View Full Version : Need a form to be sent

Xaccers
26-10-2003, 19:06
A friend has NTL and wants to use the web space so that people can enter info into a form and when submit is hit, the details get emailed to her.
I can't for the life of me remember how, any ideas?

yesman
26-10-2003, 19:25
A friend has NTL and wants to use the web space so that people can enter info into a form and when submit is hit, the details get emailed to her.
I can't for the life of me remember how, any ideas?
I am sure I am right in saying that in the button properties, there should be a mailto: script

Xaccers
26-10-2003, 19:33
I am sure I am right in saying that in the button properties, there should be a mailto: script

Yeah it's something like that but I can't remember

yesman
26-10-2003, 19:44
Yeah it's something like that but I can't remember
There is an example here Xaccers http://www.warwick.ac.uk/www/resources/otherutilities/wwwform.shtml

Xaccers
26-10-2003, 19:57
Thanks, uses CGI tho, which NTL don't support right?

Bifta
26-10-2003, 20:16
create your form and use <form enctype="text/plain" action="mailto:you@your.domain.com" method="post">

yesman
26-10-2003, 20:19
Thanks, uses CGI tho, which NTL don't support right?
I am not sure Xaccers.

But just in case try this

Information

Form name

Enter a name for the form. It's a good idea to use a name that suggests the function or purpose of the form.

Target frame

Usually, when a site visitor submits a form to the Web server, the result is displayed in the entire (same) browser window. If you want the result to be displayed in a specific frame instead, select the desired frame in this menu.

Settings

Action

Enter the URL to which the information in the form will be sent when the site visitor clicks the Submit button. If you leave this field blank, or if you enter a relative address, the base URL of the active document will be used.

Method

Specify the method to send the data in the form. You can specify GET or POST.

Encoding type

Assign the type of MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) encoding to be applied to a form. MIME is the protocol used to send information other than plain text through the Internet. Using MIME, you can send and receive non-ASCII characters, images, sounds, multimedia files or other binary data types.