PDA

View Full Version : stb died :(

Dave Stones
25-06-2003, 11:16
ok so i came home all the channels were black :(. power cycled the box several times just got stuck on tune all the time..

rang CS surprised to find i was only on hold for 5 minutes, after the horror stories ive hears some people say.

anyway power cycled it a few more times with the down arrow held, still doesnt work.

the CS seemed to know an error 1014 was going to appear and lo and behold it did... now awaiting a techie between 4 and 8 lets see if he appears :D hehe

incidentally what is a 1014? :spin: :spin:

poolking
25-06-2003, 11:25
Originally posted by Dave Stones
ok so i came home all the channels were black :(. power cycled the box several times just got stuck on tune all the time..

rang CS surprised to find i was only on hold for 5 minutes, after the horror stories ive hears some people say.

anyway power cycled it a few more times with the down arrow held, still doesnt work.

the CS seemed to know an error 1014 was going to appear and lo and behold it did... now awaiting a techie between 4 and 8 lets see if he appears :D hehe

Isn't that error when the box can't pick up any services?

Dave Stones
25-06-2003, 11:26
Originally posted by poolking
Isn't that error when the box can't pick up any services?

yeh thats what it says on the box it cant find any services.

anyway during the call to the CS we did the power cycle with down arrow 3 times and he also re-sent the signal a couple of times too. oh well i guess i will have to live with bbc1 and 2 today :(:(

edit: spellies

Lord Nikon
25-06-2003, 11:30
I am taking a wild guess here.... The box has the C&W logo on it?

If you turn the box upside down it says DiTV 1000?

If so, whent the engineer arrives to replace it, ask him for a 2000 series box. (if your BB hookup is through the box you will need to remove the crossover adapter though)

the 2000s are a LOT more reliable than the 1000 series

Dave Stones
25-06-2003, 11:31
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
I am taking a wild guess here.... The box has the C&W logo on it?

If you turn the box upside down it says DiTV 1000?

If so, whent the engineer arrives to replace it, ask him for a 2000 series box. (if your BB hookup is through the box you will need to remove the crossover adapter though)

the 2000s are a LOT more reliable than the 1000 series

we arent/werent cable and wireless. original ntl i think.

when we first got the service we were with "ntl cabletel" so i presume we are original and not C+W. i have the horrid blue remote control if that helps lol

oh and we have had the pink color scheme all the way through. theres never been any color chagnes for us unlike u C+W people :D

MoneyPenny
25-06-2003, 11:47
Originally posted by Dave Stones

a 1014 is:
Where your Set Top Box failed to fine the SI (Service Information) In-band tune lost.

You have to call CS I'm afraid, you've tried the re-booting and that has failed. It's either incorrect SI Playout (and I can't see any central evidence of this), or, Local Network Problems, or, Borderline Install (incorrect Power Level to STB).

Dave Stones
25-06-2003, 11:52
yep well like i said called CS and a techie should be here between 4 and 8...

im guessing it is local network problems, we have never had any problems with incorrect power levels before.

Dave Stones
25-06-2003, 16:03
ok just to update all the lovely people of the world, my stb is working again. dunno waht was wrong with it really. came in and sky news was on and all channels etc were working fine

cats mustve gone mad and knocked a wire loose or something.. hm well.

:shrug: