PDA

View Full Version : Re-Install of modem

zc1
26-10-2005, 09:08
Hi,

I have a standalone NTL modem and soon having to re-install windows, the modem is connected via Ethernet.

I would like to know if I have to re-install all the NTL software from the cd provided for it to work ?

If not do I have to install any drivers for it, if so where would I get these from ?

Also would I have any issues with getting back on the net like re-registering it etc...

Thank you for your time :)
Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

Regards,
Garry

bayonet
26-10-2005, 09:18
Hi Garry

Using ethernet you won't need any drivers off the ntl CD leave the modem off, once you've reinstalled windows plug the ethernet cable to PC and modem.

Start the modem watch the lights and check SYNC and RDY are solid green. Open internet explorer make sure you've installed your anti virus and firewall software and see if you can browse.

CD is for initial regging and people with USB modems as the drivers are on the CD

It can be used for simple reinstall if you have your ntl username and password

handyman
26-10-2005, 09:27
Right forum

Right advice.

This is one of the things I like about ntl , an ethernet modem from the get go.
I swap computers all the time and when I was with ntl it was a painless process.

And welcome to nth.... cable forum :welcome:

zc1
26-10-2005, 09:29
Hi,

Thank you very much :D

Regards,
Garry

bayonet
26-10-2005, 11:07
No problem any time

Halcyon
26-10-2005, 11:21
Just remember that after you've re-done your installation of windows and are back on the net, the first thing you do is download a firewall , eg. Zonealarm which is free and install and update your virus software so that all is up to date.