PDA

View Full Version : Vispa Split

Florence
25-10-2005, 20:59
It seems that after many years Vispa Directors have split.

jormerod wrote:
Quote:
Many of you have noticed the lack of posts & emails from co-director / co-founder Martin Pitt. I am now in a position to reveal Martinââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s resignation & decision to move on to new projects.

Martin Pitt founded Vispa Internet Limited alongside myself back in April 2000. Since the early years, Vispa has grown dramatically in size but continues to hold up itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s customer service flag which has gained Vispa a valuable reputation throughout the years.

Martin devoted a lot of time to Vispa as I did myself, however, Martin did tend to play a more customer facing role with a presence in most industry forums & message boards.

Martin was known by many long standing customers and certainly made a lasting impression with many for his views and ability to stand his ground on issues he believed in.

Martin will be missed by many including myself and I would like to welcome any sending off messages which we can pass on to Martin.

Please post any sending off messages in this thread. We will foward the page off to Martin at the end of this week.

Sadly this news was posted weeks after the last post by Martin on their forums which makes you think what has really happened to make Martin walk. Vispa was his life he was a workaholic working all hours answering emails and posting on the forums helping customers.. The late night helping of customers I doubt will ever come back now Martin has gone.

Jormerod is a somewhat unknown commodity as he has not been very active on forums more in the background.

altis
25-10-2005, 21:44
I'm not surprised there's trouble at mill:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14728&highlight=vispa

veritas
25-10-2005, 21:49
I had Vispa at a previous address, and Martin Pitt was seemingly always there for customers, fact is, he rang me within 30 minutes of the Vispa service going live, just to check everything was going OK, so yes, he will be missed.

Florence
25-10-2005, 22:18
I'm not surprised there's trouble at mill:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14728&highlight=vispa

Look at the date over 12 months ago that will have no connection with whats happened at Vispa now :rolleyes: