PDA

View Full Version : Help! no connection

LENCH
25-10-2005, 10:44
OK, my connection kept dropping intermittently (like Gav's topic down the page), im using 10meg service.

A tech came out on the 6th Oct and said it may be a problem with the TAP connection outside, but he had left it on as a temp fix, and was working fine. (he had put a cable from my modem into the back of my pc, looks like an ethernet cable- what is this? lol) but I didnt know how to use it so I went back to my normal set up.. usb for net usage, and ethernet for Xbox Live.

Another tech came out as a follow up, but said he didnt know what was wrong, and when he left it wasnt working! A supervising tech came out 2 days ago and said it may be the taps, so its going on 2 and half weeks of me being offline...

I cant even get the modem config page up on IE... it looks like its loading but stays blank, I used to be able to see it immediately...

Do you think it has something to do with what Gav has going on? The power and receive lights are solid (Surfboard modem), but Send is flashing...

any ideas??? cos Blueyonder are not in any hurry to help me get back online, but will be quick to charge me for it

thanks guys

Andrewcrawford23
25-10-2005, 22:02
OK, my connection kept dropping intermittently (like Gav's topic down the page), im using 10meg service.

A tech came out on the 6th Oct and said it may be a problem with the TAP connection outside, but he had left it on as a temp fix, and was working fine. (he had put a cable from my modem into the back of my pc, looks like an ethernet cable- what is this? lol) but I didnt know how to use it so I went back to my normal set up.. usb for net usage, and ethernet for Xbox Live.

Another tech came out as a follow up, but said he didnt know what was wrong, and when he left it wasnt working! A supervising tech came out 2 days ago and said it may be the taps, so its going on 2 and half weeks of me being offline...

I cant even get the modem config page up on IE... it looks like its loading but stays blank, I used to be able to see it immediately...

Do you think it has something to do with what Gav has going on? The power and receive lights are solid (Surfboard modem), but Send is flashing...

any ideas??? cos Blueyonder are not in any hurry to help me get back online, but will be quick to charge me for it

thanks guys

i wouldnt worry about the charging onc eit resolved you can ask for a refund or for oyu pay less on your next bill as you have not had your full service i done that when i lost tv for a week due to box problem and they could not get someone out for a week

as for your fault sorry i am not sure