PDA

View Full Version : if you won the lottory........

Bex
25-10-2003, 19:52
ok..if you won the lottory, what would you do with the money?

i generally don't play the lottory but i wondered what you lot would do with it.....

i'd go on a holiday, buy a car, buy a car for each of my family, buy them each a house....set up trust funds for my brother and nephew, and donate a large sum to cancer research and cot death research....

what would u do?

edit: if you won a LOT

Ramrod
25-10-2003, 20:07
Depends how much we won. If it was 'just' a million then I would do some of what you said, set up a fund for the kids and then just make our life more comfortable, bigger house, work less etc.

If it was 5+million or so then all of the above and give up work as well.

Stuart W
25-10-2003, 20:08
It would change me!!!

Paul K
25-10-2003, 20:24
Help family etc
Finish mortgage for parents
Charity
Have some fun ;)

Shaun
25-10-2003, 20:32
Tell you what I wouldn't do, I wouldn't buy a house and then smash up old cars in the back garden like that bloke who was on Trevor MacDonald!

dieselking
25-10-2003, 20:51
If I'd won a lot of money I would buy a nice house, a nice car for my mum & dad (I can't drive) & give them some money, give some to my brother & sister (maybe, depends how much I've won) & have a nice, happy (easy) life :):):)

I would give some away to charity

Tricky
25-10-2003, 21:30
I couldn't give up work!!! - don't say I would be doing the same job but I would get bored just travelling the world after a while.

Tezcatlipoca
26-10-2003, 16:56
Don't know what I'd do with the money, but I'd take great pleasure in telling my boss to get stuffed.

Russ
26-10-2003, 16:57
I'd make NTL an offer for .com and put it back in the hands of the customers :D

Paul K
26-10-2003, 16:59
3 numbers and it's yours Russ :p

Mark W
26-10-2003, 17:55
i would buy this, and do some serious cruising.... :)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2003/10/5.jpg

kronas
26-10-2003, 17:56
ok i would give some money to charity (priority)

then buy a decent house some average furniture spend some money on electrical items of a techy nature :drool:

getting avril lavigne to 'play' at my new house :drool: :romance: :naughty:

then get my family something each that they want

the rest save it and use when i want wisely might take a small risk of using some cash in the stock market........

deadite66
26-10-2003, 20:55
i would leave the country before new labour could rape my bank account.

aliferste
26-10-2003, 21:20
I seen a rather nice house with a small loch in its land not that long ago going for around 200k. I would probably buy that and travel!
Do the usual give money to friends etc......Woudl probably buy property and rent it out.

idi banashapan
26-10-2003, 22:19
I tell you what gets me. These people that say "money doesn't make you happy". Monkey-Poop it wouldn't!!!!! Plus, the people that say that are the ones that DON'T HAVE ANY FLIGGIN' MONEY - SO HOW WOULD THEY KNOW??????????

Personally, I would buy a nice house. Not a massive one, I can't use / have no need for that many rooms, so that would save a few hundred thousand. I would pay off all my parents debts (being mortgage, etc) and buy them a villa in the south of France (they want one - so...). I would put loads into my daughters savings account. Buy an AC Cobra, a new Ford GT, an aston martin Vanquish and a race track (it would be rude not to with those babies!!!). I would then put the remainder in a high interst account and live off of that.

Travelling doesn't really interest me too much. I like my creature comforts. Of course, my home would be fully automated and controlled via client software on my PDA(s)!!!

I'm a gadget person, so the more toys, the better!!!!!!

Bifta
26-10-2003, 23:34
ok..if you won the lottory, what would you do with the money?

i generally don't play the lottory but i wondered what you lot would do with it.....

i'd go on a holiday, buy a car, buy a car for each of my family, buy them each a house....set up trust funds for my brother and nephew, and donate a large sum to cancer research and cot death research....

what would u do?

edit: if you won a LOT

I'd give most of it to Cancer Research having lost a couple of family members to bowel cancer and I'd spend the rest like it was going out of fashion.