PDA

View Full Version : The halloween thread

sir_drinks_alot
22-10-2005, 12:17
Oh what are you lot up to this halloween :dmonk:

dilli-theclaw
22-10-2005, 12:19
Staying in with my son and not answering the door.

Flubflow
22-10-2005, 12:48
I supposed we'll just be getting the old robes out, drawing a pentangle on the kitchen floor and sacrificing virgins as per usual.

Halcyon
22-10-2005, 14:08
I'm off to a Halloween party.
Its really good as my friends actually transform their house and swap the mantle piece photos and normal house items for old bottles and candles, have spooky sounds coming from upstairs, put up cobwebs, etc.
Makes it very spooky. I cant wait. Should be fun.

fireman328
22-10-2005, 14:28
I'm off to a Halloween party.
Its really good as my friends actually transform their house and swap the mantle piece photos and normal house items for old bottles and candles, have spooky sounds coming from upstairs, put up cobwebs, etc.
Makes it very spooky. I cant wait. Should be fun.

My house looks like that all the time !!!!!
(Ageing widower)

Tuftus
22-10-2005, 17:39

Taping the letterbox shut, taking the batteries out of the doorbell, turning all the lights off downstairs and holing my self up in the study with a six pack...

:cool:

Chimaera
22-10-2005, 17:44
I tried ignoring Hallowe'en one year and got eggs thrown at the upstairs bedroom window which took ages to get off! :fit:

Last year I got loads of sweets for the children who knocked at our door - and they were all lovely, incredibly polite and some of them had really good costumes too. :batty: All of them had responsible older children or parents with them, and a lovely time was had by all - even the dog got a few sweets back from the children! I was sorry when the knocks on the door stopped. So this year we have even more sweets and I'm thinking of decorating the house too - at least that way the kiddies wil know which house to knock at :)

greencreeper
22-10-2005, 20:59
I'll be in hiding. Last Christmas I had carol singers who couldn't sing and who were less than happy with the £1 I gave them and asked if I had a credit card. Hmmm. The windows will be egged for certain.

Halcyon
23-10-2005, 00:15
So who is dressing up ?
At these parties I go to it is a MUST and at the moment I am trying to figure out what to go as.

Russ
23-10-2005, 00:16
Not doing anything at all :)

sir_drinks_alot
23-10-2005, 00:25
I'm going to scare everyone in by town. :devsmoke: :afire:

Graham M
23-10-2005, 01:16
I'm going to scare everyone in by town. :devsmoke: :afire:

With...or without a costume? :D

atlantis
23-10-2005, 01:21
Spending a wonderfull night with my two incredible sons:tu:

sir_drinks_alot
23-10-2005, 01:23
With...or without a costume? :D

With a scary ass costume :D

lippy
23-10-2005, 01:49
Going the pub for the only good thing about trick or treat,
women in short devil outfits and a £1 coin glued to the floor! :)

Graham
23-10-2005, 01:52

Ignoring the doorbell!

I supposed we'll just be getting the old robes out, drawing a pentangle on the kitchen floor and sacrificing virgins as per usual.

Tsk, what an absolute waste!

And it's a bugger trying to clean the blood up afterwards...

... err, allegedly... :erm: :disturbd:

Millay
23-10-2005, 02:03
Well its my mums birthday, so I expect going for a meal!

philip.j.fry
23-10-2005, 09:11
I shall be out as it's the one night where people can't use the phrase 'it's not Halloween you know' :)

ZrByte
23-10-2005, 10:27
So who is dressing up ?
At these parties I go to it is a MUST and at the moment I am trying to figure out what to go as.

I dont usually do costumes but I did last year for a friends 21st birthday (wich also fell on halloween) I went as angel from buffy the vampire slayer. It was the easiest costume I could think of, all I needed to do was put on a big coat, spike up the front of my hair and that was it, I didnt even need fangs as I have oversized incisors (spelling??).

Theodoric
23-10-2005, 12:31
I always considered that to be virgin on the ridiculous.

Interesting that a not insignificant number of posts deal with that abominable American custom that should have been drowned in the Atlantic as it crossed over it.

Graham
23-10-2005, 14:12
Well its my mums birthday, so I expect going for a meal!

Damn, you've just reminded me, it's my mum's birthday too...!! :dunce:

Interesting that a not insignificant number of posts deal with that abominable American custom that should have been drowned in the Atlantic as it crossed over it.

The thing is, it's actually a *Scottish* custom, that used to be known as "Guising" (from "disguise"), but what used to happen is that children would sing songs or recite poems or do tricks in exchange for gifts, rather than just the basic "blackmail" of "trick or treat" that exists today.

iadom
23-10-2005, 14:13
I'm going to go round in a chicken oufit, knock on the doors and say, "twick or tweet" then sneeze. :cool:

Graham
23-10-2005, 14:18
I'm going to go round in a chicken oufit, knock on the doors and say, "twick or tweet" then sneeze. :cool:

Make sure you don't get culled, then...! :sniper: :D

Hom3r
23-10-2005, 14:34
I'm going to my sisters Its my nephews 2nd birthday, so she can answer the door every 5 mins.

A few years ago my Brother in-law was trick or treated on October the 15th, the kid replied I've got a lot of streets to cover, mt BIL laughed and gave him a £1

Russ
23-10-2005, 14:43
May I remind certain users that punning without Nugget being present could lead to a suspension.

homealone
23-10-2005, 15:01
we will be, as usual, distributing handfuls of coins from our penny jar. I echo chimeara's post earlier, in most cases the kids who come knocking are accompanied & have made a real effort with costume & makeup, so I don't begrudge a few coppers.

Probably tempting fate, but we only had 3 or 4 groups call, last year....

Graham M
23-10-2005, 15:03
A couple of years ago we got trick or treated on the 1st of October, the kid (well not a kid...was about 18 :shocking: ) got told where to stuff his trick or treat, he wasnt even dressed up. His excuse was he was going on Holiday on the 30th :erm::disturbd:

greencreeper
23-10-2005, 16:07
...all I needed to do was put on a big coat, spike up the front of my hair and that was it, I didnt even need fangs as I have oversized incisors (spelling??).
So you have a chiseled torso and smoldering looks with moody eyes huh. Hmmm.

Theodoric
23-10-2005, 18:59
May I remind certain users that punning without Nugget being present could lead to a suspension.I prefer to think of my efforts as subtle word play, rather than anything so common as punning. :)

Bifta
23-10-2005, 19:41
Derry has the biggest Halloween celebrations in Europe, so I'll be out taking photo's of the firework display on the Foyle then dressing up as something ridiculous to go out and get hammered until the following day.

lippy
23-10-2005, 20:21

lmao :)

ellie
23-10-2005, 21:48
On the saturday Im being a devil with horns for the night Download Failed (1)

Chris
23-10-2005, 21:57
Rejoicing that I no longer live on a council estate full of chavs who think Halloween is the one night of the year that causing criminal damage and demanding money with menaces is legal.

lippy
24-10-2005, 00:24
On the saturday Im being a devil with horns for the night http://www.funwithmsn.com/msnsmileys/miscellaneous/devil-wink.gif

....glues £1 coin to the floor!

Only one night chris,must be a posh estate.

ZrByte
24-10-2005, 11:24
So you have a chiseled torso and smoldering looks with moody eyes huh. Hmmm.

Well one out of three isnt bad :o: :erm: I'll let you guess wich :p:

orangebird
24-10-2005, 11:40
Getting the kids all made up and dressed up - my other halfs son is a halloween baby, and he'll be six on monday, so we'll be having a little party on saturday. I can't wait! :D:D

Chris
24-10-2005, 11:41
Only one night chris,must be a posh estate.

No, it was the same every other night of the year, they just had the decency to at least look furtive the rest of the time. :erm:

No idea what Halloween will be like where I live now, but seeing as there are only six other houses within half a mile of here, I don't imagine we will have a big problem with eggs, flour and hoodies. :D

Nugget
25-10-2005, 09:51
I prefer to think of my efforts as subtle word play, rather than anything so common as punning. :)

I know you'd like to think that, but the rest of us know better :p:

Xaccers
25-10-2005, 10:30
No, it was the same every other night of the year, they just had the decency to at least look furtive the rest of the time. :erm:

No idea what Halloween will be like where I live now, but seeing as there are only six other houses within half a mile of here, I don't imagine we will have a big problem with eggs, flour and hoodies. :D

We know where you live :D

Nugget
25-10-2005, 10:37

You just wait until someone lobs a live haggis through your living room window :disturbd:

Chris
25-10-2005, 10:56
You just wait until someone lobs a live haggis through your living room window :disturbd:

Not a chance, St Andrew's Day is just around the corner ... they've all gone into hiding deep in their burrows. :D

Nugget
25-10-2005, 11:01
Not a chance, St Andrew's Day is just around the corner ... they've all gone into hiding deep in their burrows. :D

Good point - just make sure that your sporran's locked away, eh?

:p:

Graham
25-10-2005, 12:56

Report the Scottish Terrorists to the Police, then! :D

Nugget
25-10-2005, 12:58
Report the Scottish Terrorists to the Police, then! :D

Ah, the original Tartan Army eh? :D

Halcyon
25-10-2005, 15:33
This topic is in need of some Pics I think.
Come on those dressing up !!!