PDA

View Full Version : 700K Downgrade!!!

BigDave1
21-10-2005, 22:39
When are the "opt-outers" going to be downgraded to 300K is it this weekend? Thanks

Paul
21-10-2005, 23:24
What 'opt-outers' would that be exactly ?

Mal
21-10-2005, 23:49
What 'opt-outers' would that be exactly ?I presume that he meant that NTL are going to be upgrading the 300k'rs to 1meg automatically, but you can opt-out of it and stay at 300k. I'm sure that I read a thread where it said that the 300k'rs were upgraded temporarily. :shrug:

MysticKiller
22-10-2005, 12:36
I've opted out but still on 1mb so not sure.

BigDave1
23-10-2005, 13:41
Anyone who has opted out still on 1MB.
http://specials.zdnet.co.uk/misc/band-test/speedtest.html

Matth
23-10-2005, 23:41
On 300k still, and still not sure if I managed to opt-out or not.

Still maybe I should let it go to 1Mbit, cane the hell out of it, and then demand the same 512k / unlimited @ £17.99 that they put the higher package gluttons on, since I'm already paying that for an inferior service - some package shakeups had better be on the cards SOON, or my eye will be roving much more firmly to ADSL - not a hollow threat, since there is an active BT line.

Ended up at the "any other questions" end of the helpline, hung on for ages, and they didn't seem to know much about opt out, though I got something that was supposedly a billing id, but no real indication if it succeeded or not.

Maybe I should have been shooting for 1Mbit for £9.99, as that seems to be a deal they may well give possible leavers, though I'd prefer the 512k / unlimited at £17.99, though I could still do better (on my usage) with ADSL, and if the email is going to get wobbly again, I may no longer be convinced that data over a real data (co-ax) cable is superior to data over dodgy twisted pair phone lines.

Maggy
23-10-2005, 23:49
I upgraded two months ago and I'm doing okay with it..The one thing that I really enjoy about it is that I can finally enjoy video streaming on the news articles.Pity I didn't get it in time for the shuttle voyage though. :(

I'm staying within the cap thus far.Well according to netmeter that is.