PDA

View Full Version : Free Phone on Orange?

chambece
20-10-2005, 17:01
My wife and I have Orange phones on seperate contracts.

She's jsut had a call from a 'Distributer' offering her a free phone, and pay as you go sim.

I don't know the excat details, but, wisely, she has asked them to call back when I'm there!.

It looks like its another contract, but they give you a payg sim for your old phone.

My brother-in-law had a similar phonecall, and they said it was a free 'Nokia phone, not a particular new one', but as they said it was no strings attached, again, with PAYG sim, he took up the offer, but has yet to get anything through. They did say they were Orange, not another company though....

Is the PAYG sim just a diversion tatic?

JediMaster
20-10-2005, 17:14
Sounds like they are selling a "Contract Phone" ie the Nokia.... (Free Phone but £15+ a month) & a FREE P.A.Y.G SIM for old Phone..

Or am I tottaly off course?

me283
20-10-2005, 17:19
Free phones are fairly common nowadays. I received a free phone on the 3 network, with free calls, texts, and line rental... if you PM me I can give you a number to call. The freebies last a year, during which time they hope you will spend beyond the freebies with them. After that you can cancel the contract.