PDA

View Full Version : Provisioning problems

pbu50w
19-10-2005, 19:37
Hi, I've just changed computer and I'm haveing probles provisioning.

I have the following:
Windows XP Pro
Cable through pace box connected via ethernet card

When I open internet explorer I am redirected to the provisioning page. I go through the setup and name the computer. I then get the success screen instructing me to power down the computer and reset the set top box. My problem is after I have done this and restarted my computer, I am still redirected to the provisioning page again. When I start the process, the computer name I set originally is listed. If I delete this and go through the same steps when I restart everything I end up back at the provisioning page.

Anyone got any ideas???

Marge
19-10-2005, 19:39
:welcome: to the forum

try releasing and then renewing your ip address, usually works :tu:

maverick
19-10-2005, 19:39
Go into network connections in control panel,disable then re enable your local area connection.

pbu50w
19-10-2005, 19:41
Tried both of these already without any success. I've even tried reconnecting using the NTL USB ethernet link. Same problem.

maverick
19-10-2005, 19:43
Have you actually tried forcing internet explorer to another website?

Is your ip address still starting with a 10 ?

pbu50w
19-10-2005, 19:48
Forgive me as I'm not in front of the computer now and won't be back at it until tomorrow so this is from memory.

The IP address was a 10.56

I've tried forcing IE to a few different addresses. The right address is shown in the IE bar at the top but it's always the provisioning page that is shown.

maverick
19-10-2005, 19:52
Ok try emptying the temp internet files first,just to clear the cache of the provisioning page.

from a command screen ie start>run>cmd type the following

ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew

this should drop the 10 ip and then pick up a full ip for you.

pbu50w
19-10-2005, 19:54
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow

maverick
19-10-2005, 19:55
Let us know if this gets you back online.

Graham M
19-10-2005, 20:25
Well he's disconnected the connection and reconnected, that will already release and renew the IP generally. I went round to a customer's house to install their BB for them a few weeks ago as NTL had just left em with it for them to "get on with it" and ended up having to Phone NTL as we were having the same problem with provisioning.

maverick
19-10-2005, 20:48
Sometimes the provisioning 10 ip will jam it will have to be released by the pc first otherwise your stuck with it,by releasing and then renewing 9 times out of 10 will fix the problem.

On the odd occasion this does not work contacting tech support to rehit the stb will clear it.

pbu50w
20-10-2005, 17:58
I'm all sorted. Went through the whole process again today and it worked. No explanation, I assume for some reason that the provisioning IP was not clearing for some reason yesterday. Cleared first time today. Thanks for your help everybody.

maverick
20-10-2005, 18:09
Glad your up and running,thanks for letting us know.