PDA

View Full Version : degraded line quality

spankyone
19-10-2005, 19:36
for about a month now ive been suffering with bad packet loss. I have tried everything i can think of to encourage ntl to sort it out and restore my bb quality to the way it was. They are in denial that there is anything wrong and ive had me stb swaped for a cm but still the packet loss remains. At night time i can download anything as my downloads tend to stall all the time and playing any online games is a joke ( and i like to spend alot of time playing online line games).

my packet loss is constent but gets alot worse at night where my pings tend to go through the roof. At the rate my bb line is degrading by chrismas i wont have a usable bb connection as it is getting worse as time goes on :(

im starting to believe that ntl in my area has maxed out its connections.

if any one can give me any pointers to get ntl to do a better check than send an engineer round to check my perfect power levels i would be very greatful as im at a loss on what to say to them.

i also cleared me log in the cm to see what new errors apear and i get these but do not know what they mean.
Time Not Established Time Not Established 4 Critical(3) 68000300 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response. Wed Oct 19 05:45:25 2005 Wed Oct 19 05:45:25 2005 1 Critical(3) 84000200 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f... Wed Oct 19 01:46:53 2005 Wed Oct 19 01:46:53 2005 3 Critical(3) 82000500 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...

Flemo
19-10-2005, 20:03
Seems to be happening to a lot of ppl from around the country atm ,including myself, there's a few threads touching on the same subject ... here's 1 about gaming p/l : http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=36258 another week or so of this **** and I for one will be telling them where to stick their BB !