PDA

View Full Version : Sky Digital Interactive Button

Dobbo
19-10-2005, 10:18
Hope this is the right button.

How do i turn off the red icon that pops up in the corner to access interactive options (so it doesnt popup at all)

There is no important reason i want rid of it except it annoys me :P

Thx for your help.

Darren

gazzae
19-10-2005, 10:24
You can't get rid of it. But if you go into services, system setup, picture settings there is an option for on screen icon timeout (or something like that.) If you set this to yes it will remove the icon after 30 seconds or so.

skyblueheroes
19-10-2005, 10:24
I know that you can press backup to make it go away, but not sure if thats a permanent thing.

Is it maybe in setup ??

Dobbo
25-11-2005, 19:59
Still looking for a solution anybody with any ideas?

ian@huth
25-11-2005, 23:43
There is no setting to permanently disable the red icon. It's display is triggered by the channel and as gazzae said can be made to disappear after 30 seconds by altering the setting in the services menu. Pressing back-up also removes it. Both of these only last until the trigger is sent again, usually after a commercial break.

There are red spot zappers available (try googling for them) which are small infra-red transmitters which continuously transmits the back-up signal ensuring the red icon never appears.

If you have Sky+ you can eliminate the red icon altogether by pausing the live stream for a second or two and then pressing play. The red icon will never appear again until you change channel or fast forward to catch up with the live stream.