PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for Bulldog, first impressions...

AdamD
17-10-2005, 23:41
First impressions of bulldog's customer service are actually quite good

I signed up for broadband at the weekend, got my account setup there and then online, with access to the email management and order status page

Today, I had an email to tell me my installation date, that it'll be the 31st of October between 8:30 and 1pm
I then had a call at 9:11pm (bit late lol) from Bulldog to ask if I received the email ok and if the date of delivery was ok.

Order status says
You are currently at Stage 4. Your appointment for connection is being confirmed.

So far so good, let's hope the rest lives upto that first impression.

atlantis
18-10-2005, 01:11
Hope it all goes well:tu:

Graham M
18-10-2005, 04:09
I signed my girlfriend up for Bulldog and it went pretty well, Modem turned up a bit late as they didnt have any in stock (!?!?!?!?) so had to order more. But they didnt charge her for the period where she wasn't connected anyway. Modem turned up, installed the drivers and plugged it in, waited for a steady ADSL light on the modem, set up a new Dialup account with the information BullDog sent through hit connect and we were in business @ 2.2Mbps, nice one! Ive now gotten her a Wireless ADSL router and that works with no problems.

Good luck with your setup!

Martyn
18-10-2005, 04:38
To be honest, i don't like bulldog, i phoned up about 12 months ago, they said broad band would be avalible in my area at around june, july time.. max... 6 months later, i hear nothing ( i put my details on computer, stating im interested etc ) then i phone p a few months later, there like, no it isnt avalible.. etc etc blah blah..
=-/

Graham M
18-10-2005, 05:07
Is your exchange enabled for ADSL or not?

Martyn
18-10-2005, 05:09
Nope im on ntl atm, but i can check via there website using the postcode cheaker, also i phoned them,

and exchanged, you mean my phone line? ( sorry i don't know )

:)

Graham M
18-10-2005, 05:12
hmm well if your local exchange isnt enabled then its not Bulldog's fault, it may not have been LLUd yet (Enabling ISPs to directly connect you to their systems through your exchange) Or ADSL might not have been enabled at all? Have you checked the postcode checker on the BT Broadband site?

Martyn
18-10-2005, 05:13
hmm well if your local exchange isnt enabled then its not Bulldog's fault, it may not have been LLUd yet (Enabling ISPs to directly connect you to their systems through your exchange) Or ADSL might not have been enabled at all? Have you checked the postcode checker on the BT Broadband site?
Yer i check, they do it maidstone, which is about 15-20minutes away from where i live...
p.s is there anyway to get free bt phone line installation..

Graham M
18-10-2005, 05:16
Not sure about the Free installation to be honest if BT can provide you with BB it could be that your exchange hasnt been Local Loop Unbundled yet.

Martyn
18-10-2005, 05:44
Not sure about the Free installation to be honest if BT can provide you with BB it could be that your exchange hasnt been Local Loop Unbundled yet.
Ok man cheers, p.s only under stood the first bit of that post.. lol

Graham M
18-10-2005, 05:48
Ill try and clear the second half up then. BT were ordered by OFCom (i beleive - someone will correct me if im wrong) to allow ISPs access to their network so that they didn't have to go through BT, this enables ISPs to connect customers to ADSL without having to have much contact with BT, this is called Local Loop Unbundling.

Martyn
18-10-2005, 05:51
ok cool. cheers man.. now to figure out if i can get a free bt installation.. lol

psst anyone work for bt, wana do it for me free? :D

AdamD
18-10-2005, 12:23
Had a phonecall last night to ask if I got the email ok and if i was happy with the installation date.

So far so good imo

Had 2 emails today, one to tell me the modem was dispatched and one to welcome me to the service, with the confirmed install date.

Martyn
18-10-2005, 12:45
Had a phonecall last night to ask if I got the email ok and if i was happy with the installation date.

So far so good imo

Had 2 emails today, one to tell me the modem was dispatched and one to welcome me to the service, with the confirmed install date.
wish they installed in my area.. :(

AdamD
15-11-2005, 18:52
Oops, forgot to update this old thread

Ok, broadband was in.............well here's what I posted on bulldoghell.co.uk

I will admit, after reading the sheer number of complaints, I was hesitant to signup for Bulldog, but with the internet being free for the first 3 months and Bulldog being the only ISP who did 8mb in my area, I signed up

First impressions were rather good

I got my confirmation email, installation date included and my future phone number

We had about 3/4 follow up calls asking if the date was ok, which I told them several times, it was, but still we got calls

Engineer arrived at 9am in the morning, spent about 2 hours here, ripping out the old line and doing something with the telephone tower outside

He said he had to go work at the exchange and would be back
6pm, no engineer, no phone call, no phone line and no broadband........gah

Got my mother to call them to find out what was going on, the man refused to speak to her saying "we didn't get authorisation from mr drec to speak to you, I can't help you"

So, I ended up calling via my mobile, which cost about £10!!!!

She said to wait till tomorrow because there was a delay activating some exchanges

7:30pm, my mum gets a call to tell us the broadband and phone line are now active....they weren't
20 minutes later, broadband kicks in, yay!
Phone line didn't work till the next day however

Now we're having issues with the broadband though
Every hour or so, it'll drop connection, the phones in the house will ring once, then it'll come back up in about 30 seconds

It does this repeatedly throughout the day, doh

Not to mention my new Zoom X6 wireless router/adsl modem, keeps freezing and we have to keep turning it off and back on.

Oh well

Least it's up and running....kinda
Although I noticed there's alot of noise on the phone line

Since then, the connection hasn't dropped at ALL and has remained stable

I'd say I get about 80-90% of the speed offered, which isn't to bad imo

The modem however is a piece of......you know what, so i'm replacing it with a new MIMO type modem.