PDA

View Full Version : How long does BB activation take? (NTL cut me off!!)

M@rtin
17-10-2005, 14:45
Without going into too much detail (and increasing my blood pressure!), NTL cut off my 2Mb broadband service for no reason last Wednesday. I finally got through to someone halfway competent on Friday afternoon (around 1.30pm) and explained my problem, so they said they would re-activate my account and it should be working later that afternoon.

I tried again in a couple of hours - nothing. Sync/Ready lights are fine on the CM but the DS light is as dead as a dodo - my PC is unable to get an IP address. I phone them up again, explain the problem again, and they say that it has been done, try again in 30 mins. I left it over an hour just to make sure, tried again but nothing had changed, so phoned up again. This time I'm told that it takes between 24-48 hours to re-activate my account and that I was incorrectly informed last time!! So, deep sigh of restraint/despair, and wait...

It's now Monday and I tried it about an hour ago (nipped home at lunch) and nothing has changed, and to be quite honest I'm not expecting any miracles between now and hometime! Should it take this long, is there anything I can do/say to make sure I get back online?

What bugs me is that no one has been able to come up with a reason as to why I was disconnected, and no apology has been offered at any stage. Up till now I'd been happy with NTL, now I'm looking at ADSL with renewed interest!! :mad:

the_beast666
17-10-2005, 15:55
* bump * not a good state of affairs at all , maybe one of the mods on here would be able to help :)

quadplay
17-10-2005, 16:04
Hi M@rtin, and :welcome:

If you'd like to PM me your account number and (if you can see it) Cable Modem MAC address, I'll take a look at this for you.

One of the team can confirm I'm an ntl associate. To send a PM, click on my name over on the left and select "Send a private message..."

M@rtin
17-10-2005, 16:25
Thanks Jimbo, luckily I have those details to hand :)

Sending PM now...

quadplay
17-10-2005, 20:07
All sorted now. Broadband reconnected, and one month's credit given for being mucked around. Enjoy! :)

MovedGoalPosts
17-10-2005, 20:38
Nice one Jimbo :D

the_beast666
17-10-2005, 20:42
All sorted now. Broadband reconnected, and one month's credit given for being mucked around. Enjoy! :)

nicely :tu: :D

M@rtin
18-10-2005, 10:39
Yep, I'm back online at last!! Many thanks to Jimbo for his assistance - I think if I'd have waited for CS to figure it out, I would have been waiting a long time!

It's annoying that something simple couldn't have been done through the proper channels but at least I know where to come if I want results :)