PDA

View Full Version : recording freeview channels

george050604
17-10-2005, 14:00
Hi I am new to this site and not very good with technical jargon but was wondering if anyone could help me? Our VCR has just died and in our quest to buy a new one (we have hundreds of our son's favourites on video) we started to look at DVD recorder/VCR combi to help us on our way into the 21st Century. Does anyone know if there are any models that we can buy to record freeview channels onto either the DVD or the video (we are not fussed which) without having to buy a separate DVD recorder and VCR?

I really hope somebody out there can help?

Chris
17-10-2005, 14:27
Here's one that records to DVD from Freeview ... not sure whether you will get one that also does VHS in the same box.

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/100304323/15013178.html

george050604
17-10-2005, 14:51
Thanks for that, I will look into it. I have done a bit more research and was thinking a freeview PVR such as the Humax pvr-8000t and a dvd recorder/VCR might do the trick, if a little more expensive way to do it.

Chris
17-10-2005, 14:54
Thanks for that, I will look into it. I have done a bit more research and was thinking a freeview PVR such as the Humax pvr-8000t and a dvd recorder/VCR might do the trick, if a little more expensive way to do it.

If you're going to buy separate boxes, why not just get a bog-standard Freeview tuner for about £40/50, and attach that to your DVD/VHS recorder? I'm not sure it's worth your while getting a PVR with Freeview built in, and then a DVD/VHS as well. Personally I'd be more interested in recording to DVD than to a Hard Disk.

hansi
19-10-2005, 16:40
I have a question regarding recording from freeview. I have only just found out to do it (Doh!) :( and it's a pain having to set the VCR and the Freeview box. But apart from that, is there any way to stop the reminder that comes up on the screen just before it starts recording, from appearing on the recording.