PDA

View Full Version : Losing Web Access

Juan
16-10-2005, 18:58
Whenever I use a P2P program I keep losing my web access even though I have restricted my uploads as much as I can. I find if I try and use the 'tracert' command it doesn't produce a result. Does the number of connections that are trying to be made affect the upload even if no data is being transferred?

Thanks

Paul K
16-10-2005, 19:29
What P2P are you running, what equipment are you conencting via and what Operating system is it?
If you are running a Set top box then it could be that the box cannot deal with the traffic you will be getting.

the_beast666
16-10-2005, 19:33
as Paul said , more info is needed here :)

Juan
16-10-2005, 19:39
I'm running XP and I'm connected to a SACM via a router. I mostly use BT progs with upload restricted to 3kb or less, sometimes I use K-lite. I find once I reboot my PC web access returns.

Mick Fisher
16-10-2005, 21:26
I would say your router can't handle the load.
Connect directly to your SACM to prove or disprove.
If so
Reduce the number of connections till it can or if that don't work beg steal or borrow another modem from somwhere.
In case you are running a java based client make sure you have the very latest java runtimes and turn off the auto update in the java applet in your control panel. It dont work and bogs down your PC through it's constant trying.
Always reduce your upload rate to 80% or less than it's theoretical maximum.

HTH

homealone
16-10-2005, 21:36
bit of a shot in the dark - do you have upnp enabled in the router setup?

also are there any clues for you in the link?

http://userpages.umbc.edu/%7Ehamilton/btclientconfig.html

:)