PDA

View Full Version : Exceed download limit on some site?

verticalforce
16-10-2005, 15:29
Sometimes when i go to file hosting site to download something someone has posted, or wanted to direct download an anime episode, it always tell me i've exceeded their download limit and i've only just registered!

What's wrong with NTL? Does all NTL user use the same ip address or what because this started to ****es me off.

Thanks.

Jon M
16-10-2005, 15:36
IP addresses are assigned in blocks to all ISP's and depending on your service will be either static or dynamic within that range.

The sites you're using are probably just reaching their overall bandwidth limit on the download by the time you come to get them.

bdav
16-10-2005, 15:36
Yes - if the site is poorly programmed, it will appear as if your using the same IP as everyone on your proxy (so I believe)

verticalforce
16-10-2005, 15:37
But everyone else seems to be downloading it fine except me..it can't be the site's fault...

Also, sometimes when i go to a site i have never been to before, it says i am banned, what the heck?

jtwn
16-10-2005, 16:34
A wild guess maybe the files are being hosted by rapidshare.de? The thing about that site is they are aware of the situation with ISPs and proxies, but think its a good way of making people signing up. (/rant ;))

About the banned thing, probably poor coding and not retrieving your IP address but that of a proxy.