PDA

View Full Version : pay to download music ?

kronas
24-10-2003, 02:04
realnetworks inc is set to introduce its 'rhapsody' music download service to europe the company plans to rollout the service in the second quarter of 2004 currently rhapsody has 385,000 songs available.....

but competition will be stiff as apple's itunes service and roxio's reborn napster program are also likely for a euro launch

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1211&e=10&u=/nm/20031022/wr_nm/tech_internet_real_dc&sid=95573372

Page
24-10-2003, 10:02
In response to ht ethread title - If I have to pay to download something I normally purchase it from a shop instead.

Chris
24-10-2003, 10:15
I might pay to download a collection of songs that would otherwise be on different albums, so I could burn them onto a single 'ultimate compilation' CD.

Towny's best CD in the world ... ever!

After all, doing it for free is illegal. :angel:

I already have an iPod and iTunes for Mac, and I can alreadydo everything in the Music Store excepta actually buy tracks (previews, samples and music vids all work a treat), and it is a fantastic offering.

Page
24-10-2003, 10:25
Yes it is but sometimes you can find trial versions to see if you like the songs before you purchase them.

I wouldn't do it the illegal way even though places like Kazaa etc exist.

Chris
24-10-2003, 10:33
Yes it is but sometimes you can find trial versions to see if you like the songs before you purchase them.

True, although you can listen to song previews before you buy in the iTunes Music Store. :)

El Diablo
24-10-2003, 16:01

After all, doing it for free is illegal.

Wow! :shocked:

"NTHW Members in 'we don't illegally download music' non-shock horror"... more news at 5 :D

:devsmoke: