PDA

View Full Version : My NTL Story

Bez
14-10-2005, 10:56
First of all if these is in the wrong place please move it.

Right this is more of a rant then anything else, but with a happy ending.

Ok so this all started last night when looking at my ntl bill. Noticing that i was being charged £24.99 a month for 1mb i was shocked to say the least. So checked the ntl website and to see that i could be getting 2mb for the same price. Straight on the phone to ntl on hold for 12 od mins and then spoke to customer services. Very helpful said it would be no problem to change me to 2mb and that it would be done in a few hours. I wanted to know how long if been paying £24.99 instead of the £17.99 i should have been paying. I left that point and was happy with the 2mb upgrade. I went to go on the net some 30mins later and nothing dead. Back on the phone to broadband help "i'm very sorry sir but they have asked to stop your 1mb but not asked to change it to anything else so u have been cut off" :shocked: :mad:

So back to customer servies at 7:55 (as they close at 8) and was told that they need to speak to sales but the are closed now till the morning. :( So that was no Net all night for me, but i was told it was an easy 10min job to upgrade me.

So back on the phone at 8 this morning. " i'm sorry sir but you cant get 2mb with your current set-top box you need to have that upgraded". So they have put be back to 1mb which is now working and coming in a weeks time to fit a new "silver" box for me!

Now why could'nt they just do that last night?!

Just simple things could make NTL so much better!! :rolleyes:

MovedGoalPosts
14-10-2005, 11:03
Moved to Broadband discussion

:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

Nice to see that despite someone getting it wrong at first attempt things have moved forward.

Do post again to confirm you get the new STB and the upgrade speed goes ahead. Meanwhile you might want to let ntl know your views using the Responsetek thingy.

Bez
14-10-2005, 11:07
thank you for the welcome!

Could you point me in the right direction on the responetek thingy you mentioned?!

marky
14-10-2005, 11:11
Of course, its here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ntl.php:)

Neil
14-10-2005, 11:12
thank you for the welcome!

Could you point me in the right direction on the responetek thingy you mentioned?!

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=81

[Edit]-Too slow!

Bez
14-10-2005, 11:17
thanks guys will do it when i have my account number with me!!! :tu:

carter
14-10-2005, 19:07
This always used to wind the **** up out of me when i was working for NTL. Muppets in customer services.