PDA

View Full Version : godly prevention ?

kronas
24-10-2003, 01:47
the actor jim caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing jesus the movie which is partly the work of actor mel gibson.....

the lightning bolt hit caviezel and the assistant directer jan michelini as they were filming in rome

it was the second time michelini had been struck by lightning

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3209223.stm

Xaccers
24-10-2003, 01:48
Evidence of a smiting? :)

Certain people seem to be able to cope with lightening strikes while others are burnt to a crisp.

Jon M
24-10-2003, 08:43
interesting one.. i'm sure russ.d and others may have a take on this.

there are different views within the christian community over the issue regarding the portrayal of Christ.. some say that it violates the commandment regarding idolatry.. personally i'm not totally convinced either way.. although i tend towards the idea that no man should pretend to be Jesus whether on film or in reality. The actor struck by lightning is an interesting event.. i can't say whether it's a judgement from God or not.. but it wouldn't surprise me.

ps: from the article: Jewish figures in the United States slated it for being "dangerous" and portraying Jews in a negative way
lol what did they expect? the Jewish nation were the ones that crucified Him, not much positive in that.. or did they think that the film would be "hollywood'ed" to such an extent that the whole plot is turned on it's head and somehow the americans end up saving the world ;)

Atomic22
24-10-2003, 18:33
the actor jim caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing jesus the movie which is partly the work of actor mel gibson.....
he must be very unlucky as god was obviously aiming for mel gibson

Russ
24-10-2003, 18:48
I think if God had been a bit narked with the guy playing Big J, I think He'd have been a little more subtle than a lightening bolt :)

kronas
24-10-2003, 18:50
I think if God had been a bit narked with the guy playing Big J, I think He'd have been a little more subtle than a lightening bolt :)

well i just put two and two together so you think that the bolt of lightning was a 'freak' incident it happened twice to the directer :shrug:

Russ
24-10-2003, 18:53
No, I don't think it was a 'freak incident' as I don't think things happen like that anyway.

kronas
24-10-2003, 19:09
he must be very unlucky as god was obviously aiming for mel gibson

:rofl: