PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for installation after almost 3wks since my order

nfr
13-10-2005, 17:32
Hi all,
Just wanted to tell my short story and find whether someone's already faced with this problem.
on 23/9 I ordered through the website the digital TV service only, once having checked my property was serviceable. Neverthless, the website said that only the digital TV service could reach my house, whereas telephone and broadband could't be installed. From the beginning, that was bizzarre since a telephone line (that at the moment I don't have) is anyway needed to have the digital TV (by reading the NTL T&C). Before ordering I called the customer service and they told me that my property was reachable anyway.
At the moment I've still had NO installation. After the order, a sale advisor called me ad told me that the Premise was gonna investigate on the service in my property, and this could take up to 14 days. Then after one week I e-mailed the advisor just to make them remember the problem, and they said they had no feedback... e-mailed again some day ago and the reply was the same.
The summary of all is that the ntl website is not trustable at all, given the fact that in my opinion they know they cannot provide any service in my property and are considering to do a connection on purpose, just to satisfy my order.
anyone in my same situation? what happened then?

daz300
13-10-2005, 17:49
some one will be here to help you out soon . >>>>>>>>

MovedGoalPosts
13-10-2005, 17:50
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

It does seem rather daft that the site suggests you can have a service, but then the sales team aren't quite so sure. There are areas of ntl networks where they acnnot offer all three services, or where for example, only analogue, not digital TV is available. Ntl's sales toeam should know what is oin offer, and if they get to the stage of contacting you by phone, should be able to advise you properly, not keep you on tenterhooks.

The CF team, Mick and Simon especially, have a means of escalating issues with ntl. If you would care to PM me we will see if we can get a more coherent response.
Please send your full name, address (inc postcode), contact numbers and email (ntl will need to speak to you direct), together with any order reference and brief history of what has happened.

daz300
13-10-2005, 18:13
i forgot to :welcome: you , see ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i know some one would come a help you :woot: .......

nfr
20-10-2005, 17:13
Hi all,

just today I've received an email from ntl stating that my order can't be brought to an end since my property is not serviceable. And it took almost one month to know it! unbelievable! so no ntl digitla TV, unless they don't decide to update the cabling. Telewest at least says directly from the website that they cannot provide their service in my property.
Again, that was completely odd that during my order the website said the service I asked for was available, seen also that a friend of a colleague of mine live 3 houses away from my house and has got the service.
That's it! Eventually, trust ntl!
Cheers

MovedGoalPosts
20-10-2005, 18:29
It's a shame that you couldn't get that answer clearly from ntl at the outset. It does seem odd that the website information was unclear, but then that was probably a warning that there was trouble ahead.

Telewest and NTL cover different geographic areas, so there services will not overlap. You will be able to get service from one, but not the other, or in large parts of the country, neither.

SMHarman
21-10-2005, 00:28
Did you give your details to the team? The postcode DB can be a bit screwy at times. They initially told me I could not have service and I had a green box outside my house!

nfr
21-10-2005, 17:32
I sent all my details to the Cableforum team and now they're investigating on the problem. I think that without the current cableforum help, the problem would have ended with the ntl mail telling me that no installation was available: whereas now it seems that something is being moved though.
As soon as I sort everything out, I'll of course let you know. It'll be a nice example of the cableforum help to the forum.
Let's hope!

SMHarman
21-10-2005, 17:45
BCF - I threatend NTL with tying a rope around their 4ft wide green box and pulling it from outside my house to get them to come and look at the connectivity issue for my property. They were telling me my house was in a new property area that had been cabled when the house was built and that the cable network had not joined up to that segment...

Well why then do my neighbours have grey boxes on the fronts of their houses and are you telling me you cabled this in 1930 when my house was built?

Hey ho, they get there in the end.

nfr
21-10-2005, 17:52
I had absolutely the same answer.And that's amazing. I mean, it's a service they provide in order to have money so it should be in their own interest to install the service to a potential customer. If they don't install, they dont' have money, but evidently they don't care.