PDA

View Full Version : Help! SACM connection is dead!

jrhnewark
13-10-2005, 14:27
Thank you for looking. :)

Last night, at around 1.30am, I decided to go and see if the TV had the new channels. Rebooted the STB to get some sort of software upgrade, but no new channels. The 'locked' light on the front of the Samsung didn't become steady, but I could still watch all the existing channels.

Came back into the bedroom to find the RDY light on my AMBIT 200 to be off. "Oh, well", and went to bed - thought it'd be back in the morning.

And it sort of was - it'd had aquired a new IP address. So went to google.com - can't connect. And again - still, no connection.

So I rebooted the cable modem. Went to 192.168.100.1 and checked the levels - all looked alright. Checked Operation Configuration - 150kbps down, 32kbps up. Huh?!? I'm on 1Mbps/100kbps!! :shocked:

It remains like that. The SYNC and RDY lights are both steady, but the cable modem doesn't seem to be able to aquire an IP address.

Also checking the updates (at 192.168.100.1), there was a failed software download to the cable modem in the early hours of this morning.

Looks to me like the SACM's frazzled, but I'd like a second opinion. I'm not looking forward to talking to Tech Support about this!! :(

(Yours, a frustrated JRH on dial-up. :))

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-10-2005, 14:31
Based upon your STB not having a steady light it sounds like your return path isnt working and therefore your modem wont work either, maybe the levels are incorrect.

I'd Phone CS if i were you.

jrhnewark
13-10-2005, 14:33
Ooh, sorry - I should've added - the STB now does have a steady light. I'll give CS a call anyway. :)

maverick
13-10-2005, 14:33
I believe there is a dhcp problem in Nottingham this was being looked at this morning

area,s affected are NG5, NG17, NG24

jrhnewark
13-10-2005, 14:35
I believe there is a dhcp problem in Nottingham this was being looked at this morningAhh - that'd probably explain away this problem, then. Does anyone here know if the problem is supposed to be fixed yet? :)

maverick
13-10-2005, 14:36
Still being ivestigated,but they are on the case :)

quadplay
13-10-2005, 14:40
150k down, 32k up is the pre-reg config file... Do you have an IP where the last octet is 248 or above? There's no mention of DHCP issues, or indeed any issues in those areas on the known faults list - but it might be showing to the tech support guys, I don't have access to their part of the intranet anymore.

maverick
13-10-2005, 14:45
I can confirm Tech Support are aware of the issue.

jrhnewark
13-10-2005, 14:47
150k down, 32k up is the pre-reg config file... Do you have an IP where the last octet is 248 or above? There's no mention of DHCP issues, or indeed any issues in those areas on the known faults list - but it might be showing to the tech support guys, I don't have access to their part of the intranet anymore.I didn't with my last IP address that was working, but didn't note down the one that was assigned overnight. At the moment, I can't get an IP address at all. :dozey:

I can confirm Tech Support are aware of the issue.Excellent. :)