PDA

View Full Version : Dialling into Nottm Uni

Honeymonster
12-10-2005, 12:46
Anyone got any ideas how I can coax ntl to fix a particular problem I have? At Nottm University all rooms in halls of residence have a (ntl) phone that you can dial into directly from outside. The problem is the number allocated to the room I want to call just gives number unobtainable when you call it. I've rung the ntl student helpline, spoken to helpful people, reported the problem, got agreement that it is a problem, but the upshot is the problem hasn't been fixed. Of course the students aren't direct customers of ntl and hence have no traction like threatening not to pay the bill.

Aragorn
12-10-2005, 13:01
Is it a problem for everyone or just you?

I suspect if the Uni is paying NTL for the lines you need to chase the Uni accomodation office or the Students Union may be able to do it for you.

Honeymonster
12-10-2005, 16:05
The Uni says "get ntl to sort it". It's only a problem on this particular line.

daz300
13-10-2005, 23:49
go and see your Student Union rep they will fix this i would hope . or keep ringing ntl .

Stephen
14-10-2005, 00:17
They will probably be centrex lines. have you tried to get the person in that room to find out if the number is maybe different than what it is supposed to be. I know that the uni's can have loads of lines and sometimes they get changed or if t gets disco's the reconnected they sometimes end up getting a different number allocated. The uni would have to contact NTL business's cust service to find out if there was anything wrong.

If you want to PM me the details of the tel number and room No and I will see if there is anything I can find out about it for you when I am next in work.

Honeymonster
14-10-2005, 13:55
It's fixed. Thanks DarthYoda.

Stephen
14-10-2005, 13:58
cheers, but don't want to take credit for something I didn't do. May have just been a glitch in the system that corrected itself.

Only just got your PM.