PDA

View Full Version : BT broadband speed

martikus
11-10-2005, 23:18
I've read in a couple of threads about BT putting their speeds upto 8mb is there any truth to this and if so can someone show me links as im intruiged by this rumour. and yes im a bt customer who is completely satisfied by service and speed...lol

SMHarman
11-10-2005, 23:20
It's the next ADSL step after 2Mb, they are still doing the 2Mb rollout so it will be a while yet.

Paul K
12-10-2005, 06:33
Yes speed increases are coming, they are looking to match the speeds being offered by their rivals. If I get time in work I'll try to get some details off the article on our intranet site.

Neil
12-10-2005, 07:47
It was supposed to be around now, but I gather it's been put back until February 2006.

Paul K
12-10-2005, 18:38
It was supposed to be around now, but I gather it's been put back until February 2006.
Put back indeed as they are still trialling the new speeds they want to use
Additionally, ultra fast speeds of up to 24 megabits per second are currently being trialled in the UK and will be available in due course to deliver even more choice and services - although, as in every other country, very high speeds may not be available to all.
As no dates are being mentioned on the intranet articles I can only summise that next year is the new target.

martikus
30-11-2005, 11:44
just out of curiosity. would they be increasing the upload speed as well or is it just the download speed thats increasing?

etccarmageddon
30-11-2005, 11:59
upload is increasing...

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2453

the upload is going up to 448k on residential BT ADSL.

but if you're lucky enough to be in a ZEN LLU area then they are increasing their upload speeds to 768k.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2470

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

remember all these ADSL speed 'promises' are rate adaptive figures which means it's dependent on the quality of your line and the distance from the exchange. something which isn't an issue with cable modems - usually!

martikus
30-11-2005, 19:17
i'm still in a contract with bt broadband i've got 8 months left on it so cant really swap suppliers just yet :D
And to be honest i like BT as a supplier great service so far and good tech support that has gone out of its way for me so now you've met one of the r\re bre\d of happy BT cutomers....ROFL

Paul K
30-11-2005, 19:50
i'm still in a contract with bt broadband i've got 8 months left on it so cant really swap suppliers just yet :D
And to be honest i like BT as a supplier great service so far and good tech support that has gone out of its way for me so now you've met one of the r\re bre\d of happy BT cutomers....ROFL
Did you lose your ADSL last night at all? We had a slight issue with one of our servers :disturbd: