PDA

View Full Version : Life

Nicola Lumbers
11-10-2005, 21:49
Hi, I know many off you are unhappy with NTL but please listen, I have had NTL Cable TV and Telephone for 8 years, (Internet/Broadband for 5) - only ever one problem with the telephone and yet my parents in law have had loads of problems on BT!!. (says it all really??). Before then my own parents had Telecentrel (NO Probs for many years). Its such a shame that only the people with problems come on this website, People never hear about the good things all the while things are working well as no one has any reason to complain. I bet you there are more important things in life than complaining!!!!. I sadly lost both my parents a few years back and then my baby and then to top it I have had a cancer scare. I am still very young to have gone through all this that but WHO cares about a phone line or TV station going down for 2 days or even a week, I don't. I am alive and working and living a life before I die, You only have one life and if you are going to get worked up over silly little things then you are very sad!!!!!!!. Grow up, Live and be happy.

Kindest regards

Nicola Lumbers

maverick
11-10-2005, 21:59
Firstly welcome :tu:

Thank you for that insight and putting life into perspective.

Roy MM
11-10-2005, 22:03
:welcome: to cable forum Nicole.

Very sad to hear of your your experiencies of life, but people do get irate at losing services that they pay for, not the be all and end all, just like you point out but can be very annoying.

Regards Roy MM

Ramrod
11-10-2005, 22:11
I bet you there are more important things in life than complaining!!!!. I sadly lost both my parents a few years back and then my baby and then to top it I have had a cancer scare. I am still very young to have gone through all this that but WHO cares about a phone line or TV station going down for 2 days or even a week, I don't. I am alive and working and living a life before I die, You only have one life and if you are going to get worked up over silly little things then you are very sad!!!!!!!. Grow up, Live and be happy.:nworthy: :tu: :) Good post!

...........................don't sweat the small stuff!

Halcyon
11-10-2005, 22:41
Welcome to the forums Nicola.
As you say, there are many more important things in life and sometimes we do make big issues over very little things.
People should sometimes sit back and think about something before complaining.
There are cases where it is important to complain, but there are certainly others where complaing is the last thing that should be tohught about.

AndrewJ
11-10-2005, 22:43
Welcome Nicola, alot of insight into your post there.

patrickp
11-10-2005, 23:03
Welcome to cable Forum, Nichola - sounds like you've had a pretty tough time. Hopefully things will start to get better from now on!

And I agree with you about ntl, particularly by comparison with BT.

I notice you've already been contributing to the forum elsewhere - keep up the good work! ;-)

Jules
12-10-2005, 12:47
Welcome to the forum. As you read more posts on here you will find that there is also a lot of praise given out as well as complants.

I am sorry you have been through so much in your life, a lot of the members have been through bad times and some would break your heart to know what they have been through. Maybe when you have been around the forum a little longer you will start to understand more what a great place this is and what lovely people there are here.

Stuart
12-10-2005, 12:58
Nicola, :welcome: to CableForum.

Good first post. There are more importantant things than TV or Phone services. This is true. For most members anyway. There are some members on here, however, who (for whatever reason) the phone and TV service provided by NTL is their only link to the outside world.

MadGamer
12-10-2005, 13:06
I have to agree with you and the others here, Nicola, good first post. :tu:

Mike
12-10-2005, 13:24
Hi there :)

I find this site (nthellworld) a great site for information and advice. I have leant so much from this site to help myself and others and feel a better person for it ! :tu: