PDA

View Full Version : phone sockets & adsl

stamp92
11-10-2005, 15:43
ive just got my line adsl enabled and am using tiscali 2mb broadband.

i have one bt socket which has a few plugin telephone extensions with a phone on each plugin extension.

in the past i havent bothered fitting proper hard wired extensions ive just used the plug in extensions but now i have the broadband and a filter is required everywhere there is a phone i want to get the telephone wiring done properly so im going to go round and fix a filtered socket in all rooms where service is required.

the main socket is in the hall. a phone is in the hall so the socket in the hall needs to be filtered and have just a phone connection

i need an extension to the front room ( filtered and if possible with two outlets for phones)

i need an extension to dining room (where computer is) with a filtered telephone socket and adsl socket.

i need perhaps upto two telephone extensions upstairs which have filtered telephone connections

thats 3 -4 extensions in total. is it possible to runs 3-4 extensions off the one line box.

ive had a look at filtered sockets

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

there are two sockets

ADSL-FFP65
(65 mm)
ADSL-FFP85
(85mm)

ADSL-FFP85D

im not sure whether the above products are frontplates to existing master sockets/line boxes or whether they are standalone products

also i need to get some extension wiring suitable for carrying the adsl signal. im told that the plug in extension wiring is unsuitable.

can anyone advise me what i should get and where. preferably include links to webpage. thanks.

MovedGoalPosts
11-10-2005, 16:07
You don't have to run round rewiring your whole house. Apply a filter to the master socket from which you currently run all your phone extensions. Plug the extensions into that master socket phone side. Run an ethernet cable from the filter to wherever you want your modem

stamp92
11-10-2005, 16:29
i know i could do this with plug in filters and loose extension wiring but i want to do a professional job.