PDA

View Full Version : Dropping connection

Jules
11-10-2005, 14:44
This happened before then it sorted its self out and now it is back again, is any one else losing connection and having to unplug the power to there wireless sender then plug it back in to get there connection back?

Gareth
11-10-2005, 16:02
Funnily enough.... er, no. Well, kinda. I don't have a wireless network setup, but I have noticed that I need to reboot my modem a lot more frequently than I ever had to in the past. It's not a biggie, as it only takes 30 seconds to do, and it suddenly springs back to life. I didn't think anything of it until I read your post.

Jules
11-10-2005, 16:10
I don't mind that much but I have had to do it about 12 times today lol.

Florence
11-10-2005, 20:31
I seem to have dropped the internet a lot recently and when you check the modems logs.

The modem logs are confusing..

Perhaps someone who works for NTL could explain the logs to us helping us to understand what all the internet drops are.....

I will PM or email my modme log to anyone who is identified as NTL by the mods for them to see and enlighten me.

jonbr
12-10-2005, 07:46
My modem was replaced yesterday for the same problem of the connection dropping (especially if I tried to down load a s/w update of video clip). It's all fine now :)