PDA

View Full Version : So what are you doing right now?

Chris
23-10-2003, 15:28
I'm asking because there appear to be loads of people on the board, but no-one's posted anything for the last hour ... so, everyone must be mad busy doing something more interesting than nthw.co.uk. I can't think what that would be, so please, do enlighten me...

Marge
23-10-2003, 15:31
sorting stuff out/ironing/back to work in 15mins

timewarrior2001
23-10-2003, 15:36
I'm asking because there appear to be loads of people on the board, but no-one's posted anything for the last hour ... so, everyone must be mad busy doing something more interesting than nthw.co.uk. I can't think what that would be, so please, do enlighten me...
Currently rolled up in my kingsize duvet trying like hell to get rid of a very very nasty bout of flu.

Chris
23-10-2003, 15:44
Currently rolled up in my kingsize duvet trying like hell to get rid of a very very nasty bout of flu.
ugh ... hope it clears up soon. :)

Me, I'm writing emails, drinking a bottle of water and clock-watching ... meeting missus and boy for late-night shopping and dinner (John Lewis cafe, yay!) at 5 o'clock.

Salu
23-10-2003, 16:13
Masticating at my desk.....a very nice biscuit in fact.

Stuart
23-10-2003, 16:23
at work, currently waiting for my computer to finish rendering videos. Should only be a couple of hours...

:(

Chris
23-10-2003, 16:31
at work, currently waiting for my computer to finish rendering videos. Should only be a couple of hours...

:(
aaah, DV .... a hobby for me, a job for you. Wish I was fiddling with video now. I've been editing a friend's wedding vid this week using iMovie (thankfully now a lot more stable than the original version), but doing it in my spare time so it's taking ages.

Some of the original footage is very ropey indeed; fortunately I had my own camera fixed at the back of the church so I'm cutting and chopping to get the best result possible. Means I'm progressing at the rate of only about 5 mins per hour tho'. Wish I had a G4 and Final Cut Pro.... :drool:

philip.j.fry
23-10-2003, 16:34
Getting my robot judo fighter to walk :)

aliferste
23-10-2003, 16:55
Masticating at my desk.....a very nice biscuit in fact.

:eeek: oh...right.....chewing!! My vision went funny there!

Bex
23-10-2003, 17:13
i've noticed that a lot lately, there's oddles of people browsing but not always people making posts....

i for one know the reason i am sometimes on here but not posting is because im talking to one of the nthw'ers on messanger (or several :erm:) or i'm waiting for a pm....

sometimes the threads just don't grab my attention

atm i'm half asleep......and trying to sort out the stuff for the meet......joy :D

oh and one more post and i hit 500....gosh im sad :erm:

Atomic22
23-10-2003, 18:25
having a baby and a toddler i only have a small amount of time on the net every night so whilst i am "on the board" i am generally posting or reading posts...

"i post therefore i am"

Jerrek
23-10-2003, 19:01
Debating with myself where I should invest my remaining $37,000. I had $100,000 to invest on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Virtual dollars) This is for a business course and the goal is to make the most money.

kronas
23-10-2003, 19:03
lurking reading posts or doing something else off forum if im not replying to any threads

Theodoric
28-10-2003, 19:30
Purely in the interests of pedantry (a much maligned state of mind), if you reply to this thread then what you are doing right now is, well, typing in and sending a reply to this thread. :)

Bex
28-10-2003, 19:31
Purely in the interests of pedantry (a much maligned state of mind), if you reply to this thread then what you are doing right now is, well, typing in and sending a reply to this thread. :)

pedantic but very very true

Theodoric
28-10-2003, 19:37
pedantic but very very true
It reminds me of the helicopter flying through a thick fog in Seattle. They are completely lost, but they finally end up hovering near this office window where they see a chap sitting at a desk.

The pilot yells at him, "Where are we?"

The chap in the office answers back, "You're in a helipcoptor."

The pilot turns to his passeneger and says I know exactly where we are now, "That's the Microsoft HQ."

The passenger says, "Amazing! How do you know that?"

The pilot replies, "Well, that answer was completely true and completely useless."

Ramrod
28-10-2003, 19:40
Just lurking before I go to Taiji.:)

Stuart
28-10-2003, 19:42
That reminds me of a little trick my friend pulled at work. Our boss introduced a new system so that we could log what work we had done. This system was accessed via an Intranet site. My friend wrote a little perl script that put entries to the system saying "filled in job record".

He got into a lot of trouble, but the boss abandoned the system soon after...

Anyway, I am at work, currently waiting for a load of students...

ic14
28-10-2003, 19:44
What am i doing right now?
Just ordering Mac OS X 10.3, mmmm hope its quick comeing....

Russ
28-10-2003, 19:52
On the blower to Neil who's successfully persuading me to get an Xbox. We had a video call and my parents had a look too :)

Tricky
30-10-2003, 17:32
Working from home (due to cold/flu) Lappy connected on a VPN to office and PC in NTHW...

kink
31-10-2003, 19:18
....listening to the radio..... and wondering if i should or not....

Bex
31-10-2003, 19:51
i'm hiding in my bedroom from my brother's little friends and my sisters big friends :p

Paul
31-10-2003, 19:54
Watching TOTP, boy what crap it has on these days ... ;)

kink
31-10-2003, 19:58
... still wondering whether i should or not..... but am also now troubled by the thought that some of us must be totally bored saddos to be posting in this thread.... on a Friday night..... ok..... off out for a bit....

Maggy
31-10-2003, 20:12
printing out the manual(as surriptitiously as i can-hubby is complaining about the noise)that my old printer refused to do last week and my new printer seems to be enjoying doing.

incog wonders why hubby is home on a friday night making my life a misery.bog off out if yer bored.sigh!!

:disturbd:

zaax
01-11-2003, 03:17
looking at my tax code - http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3892

Jerrek
01-11-2003, 03:36
Multitasking.

On computer 1, typing this.

On computer 2, watching Andromeda.

On my desk, studying for tomorrow's business midterm (4 hours long, ergh).

While waiting for the doorbell to ring to hand out candy. My roommates left me in charge.