View Full Version : European Legislations-Cybercrime

Tiptoes
23-10-2003, 15:18
http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/EN/WhatYouWant.asp?NT=189&CM=7&DF=02/10/03

Under the proposals article 2.1

--------------------------
Article 2 †“ Definition

1 For the purposes of this Protocol:

†œracist and xenophobic materialââ‚ ‚¬Ã‚ means any written material, any image or any other representation of ideas or theories, which advocates, promotes or incites hatred, discrimination or violence, against any individual or group of individuals, based on race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin, as well as religion if used as a pretext for any of these factors.

-------------------------------

Does this mean then, that when Im asked on and online form to fill in my ethnicity I can complain about Xenophobia if there is no tick box which says "ENGLISH"

Comments Please.....

ntluser
23-10-2003, 17:47
http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/EN/WhatYouWant.asp?NT=189&CM=7&DF=02/10/03

Under the proposals article 2.1

--------------------------
Article 2 †“ Definition

1 For the purposes of this Protocol:

†œracist and xenophobic materialââ‚ ‚¬Ã‚ means any written material, any image or any other representation of ideas or theories, which advocates, promotes or incites hatred, discrimination or violence, against any individual or group of individuals, based on race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin, as well as religion if used as a pretext for any of these factors.

-------------------------------

Does this mean then, that when Im asked on and online form to fill in my ethnicity I can complain about Xenophobia if there is no tick box which says "ENGLISH"

Comments Please.....

Must be awkward too if you have dual nationality and your parents come from different ethnic groups. :)

Tiptoes
23-10-2003, 19:15
Must be awkward too if you have dual nationality and your parents come from different ethnic groups. :)

AS far as im concerned if your born in England your English no matter you parents background or colour of skin

IT seem a crime to be English nowadays.

People can be scottish or welsh but dar them to be english and you have seemingly already commited some crime.

ntluser
23-10-2003, 21:27
AS far as im concerned if your born in England your English no matter you parents background or colour of skin

IT seem a crime to be English nowadays.

People can be scottish or welsh but dar them to be english and you have seemingly already commited some crime.

You're absolutely right in that your place of birth in the main determines your nationality.

I was thinking of situations where say a Frenchman and his pregnant French wife come to England for a holiday and while here she gives birth. The child is born in England and therefore is entitled to a British passport, but because the parents are French the child is also entitled to a French passport as well.