PDA

View Full Version : The Nokia Tune

carlingman
23-10-2003, 00:41
Anyone have any ideas where I can get the Nokia Tune in a wav file to play so it sounds similar to the phone ring.

Not looking for anything fancy like polyphonic just The Nokia Tune that ships as standard with the Nokia all version of phone.

I have and old 7210 that has it as standard but the version of the tone I am looking for has a slight higher pitch from one of the later models not too sure which one.

All is needed is the option to save to wav file doesnt have to be able to be downloaded to phone.

Anyone with any links (free of course) to where i will be able to download this.

Cheers

:)

homealone
23-10-2003, 00:50
Anyone have any ideas where I can get the Nokia Tune in a wav file to play so it sounds similar to the phone ring.

Not looking for anything fancy like polyphonic just The Nokia Tune that ships as standard with the Nokia all version of phone.

I have and old 7210 that has it as standard but the version of the tone I am looking for has a slight higher pitch from one of the later models not too sure which one.

All is needed is the option to save to wav file doesnt have to be able to be downloaded to phone.

Anyone with any links (free of course) to where i will be able to download this.

Cheers

no idea - I havn't got a mobile - try here?

http://www.1-tunes.com/

carlingman
24-10-2003, 00:07
no idea - I havn't got a mobile - try here?

http://www.1-tunes.com/

Thanks homealone - no joy on that site.

Argh my quest continues.

Chris
24-10-2003, 00:22
The polyphonic version on my missus' 3510i sounds so civilised, you could almost imagine someone playing it on a baby grand in a hotel lobby ... the one on my phone, however, just makes me sound like Dom Joly.

'fraid I don't know where you would get a copy tho'. :(

carlingman
24-10-2003, 00:28
The polyphonic version on my missus' 3510i sounds so civilised, you could almost imagine someone playing it on a baby grand in a hotel lobby ... the one on my phone, however, just makes me sound like Dom Joly.

'fraid I don't know where you would get a copy tho'. :(

Unfortunately it is not the polyphonic one I want as I have managed to find sites with shed loads ofthem on but the one I want to get hold of is the old mono really annoying tune.

You know how it goes, lets all sing along these lines -

dadidadit
dadadah
dadit
dadit
dit
dadidadit
dah
didit
dadit
dadadit

didadadit
dit
dadadah
didadadit
didadidit
dit

El Diablo
24-10-2003, 17:28

dadidadit
dadadah
dadit
dadit
dit
dadidadit
dah
didit
dadit
dadadit

didadadit
dit
dadadah
didadadit
didadidit
dit

You're absolutely bonkers :D :disturbd: :LOL:

:devsmoke:

iadom
24-10-2003, 18:26
Whilst we are on Nokia ringtones, I have just got a Nokia 6100, including a voucher for 5 extra ringtones. I went through the procedure to obtain the tone via a landline, the message came through but when I attempted to retrieve the tone I got a "cannot make GPRS connection" warning. Have I done something wrong or does it just mean that the signal is poor? I have set the phone to be always on GPRS.

carlingman
02-11-2003, 01:14
You're absolutely bonkers :D :disturbd: :LOL:

:devsmoke:

Yep I am :LOL:

Anyhows further information its a Nokia 3330 that the tune is on.

Any kind souls with a Nokia 3330 like to post a list of the names of the default tunes supplied with this phone then I can "google" them and listen to each one and hopefully find the culprit.

:D

lynx2oo2
02-11-2003, 09:24
Whilst we are on Nokia ringtones, I have just got a Nokia 6100, including a voucher for 5 extra ringtones. I went through the procedure to obtain the tone via a landline, the message came through but when I attempted to retrieve the tone I got a "cannot make GPRS connection" warning. Have I done something wrong or does it just mean that the signal is poor? I have set the phone to be always on GPRS.

You need to contact your provider and ask them to activate your gprs, or at least I did with o2, took about 24 hours.

Tricky
02-11-2003, 14:05
You need to contact your provider and ask them to activate your gprs, or at least I did with o2, took about 24 hours.

Agree entirely Vodafone will do this before you've got off the phone requesting the activation - Just enabled 2 sims...One for mobile and one for PCMCIA network card (Wireless networking pah!)