PDA

View Full Version : ntl BB install questions

Ramrod
06-10-2005, 16:20
Hello all. A few questions....
Is it possible to get ntl to install 'home' cable BB in commercial premises?......or would they force me to take a commercial package?
Also.......is it possible to get ntl to install the cables/wiring/whatever they call them months before activation?

MovedGoalPosts
06-10-2005, 16:23
Since "home" cable implies residential use, you'd have to be very convincing to persuade someone that a commercial premises has become residential. I think the answer is no. On the other hand the cable itself is no different, it's just the package that is supplied through it.

As for wiring, can you not just leave ducting routes that the cable can be threaded through when you do take occupation?

patrickp
06-10-2005, 18:25
It is also against the ntl T&Cs to use their domestic connection for business purposes. But I'm sure you knew that? ;-)

Ramrod
06-10-2005, 20:01
Since "home" cable implies residential use, you'd have to be very convincing to persuade someone that a commercial premises has become residential. I think the answer is no. On the other hand the cable itself is no different, it's just the package that is supplied through it.I wouldn't be trying to convince ntl that commercial premises were residential, just that the BB use would be non-commercial.

As for wiring, can you not just leave ducting routes that the cable can be threaded through when you do take occupation?No problem there.....I just don't know where the installer would put the cable in the first place-so I wouldn't know where to start the ducting!

It is also against the ntl T&Cs to use their domestic connection for business purposes. But I'm sure you knew that? ;-)lol, indeed I do! I just want a non-business connection in commercial premises, for non-commercial use.......trust me to be difficult! :D

homealone
06-10-2005, 20:39
lol, indeed I do! I just want a non-business connection in commercial premises, for non-commercial use.......trust me to be difficult! :D

just show them your post count on here - they will realise you don't have time to run a business ;) :D

SMHarman
06-10-2005, 21:03
Hello all. A few questions....
Is it possible to get ntl to install 'home' cable BB in commercial premises?......or would they force me to take a commercial package?
Also.......is it possible to get ntl to install the cables/wiring/whatever they call them months before activation?
Probably no, I tried this and used the online application process and I got a call back from Business. Business, has a 3 yr minimum contract also.

Also while residential install is installed promptly, my request for business BB had a lead time of 35 days before an installer could be booked.

So I had demon BB installed within a week (and that included getting BT to connect phone lines). Oh and that has a 1yr or less contract.

Ramrod
07-10-2005, 10:43
Probably no, I tried this and used the online application process and I got a call back from Business. grrrrr......surely the type of service should depend on the use to which it is put rather than the premises it's installed in.....?