PDA

View Full Version : saving windows media player 8 stream

kronas
25-06-2003, 00:10
hi all

i just found a stream i need to save but when i right click to save it just provides a link to the site with it on the media player bar fills up and it plays but i need to save it on to my pc can someone tell me of a way to do it as right click save as wont work

kronas

kronas
25-06-2003, 00:11
never mind i have found another way delete thread mods sorry

yesman
25-06-2003, 00:14
I was gonna say, copy and paste from temp internet files

kronas
25-06-2003, 00:19
Originally posted by yesman
I was gonna say, copy and paste from temp internet files

lol i tried searching through temp file in windows nothing and i cant find the folder in windows xp as it does not exist :eek: :eek: :eek:

save as through media player worked :D

kronas
25-06-2003, 00:25
actually i have another problem i have no audio i have the 9 player codecs still wont work

Lord Nikon
25-06-2003, 00:42
you need to find GSpot :D

not as erotic as it would seem, GSpot is a program that identifies what audio codecs / video codecs a file needs to play, once you know the codec, finding and installing it is MUCH easier

Defiant
25-06-2003, 01:09
Originally posted by kronas
lol i tried searching through temp file in windows nothing and i cant find the folder in windows xp as it does not exist :eek: :eek: :eek:

save as through media player worked :D

Thats because its hidden ;)

kronas
25-06-2003, 01:17
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
you need to find GSpot :D

not as erotic as it would seem, GSpot is a program that identifies what audio codecs / video codecs a file needs to play, once you know the codec, finding and installing it is MUCH easier

i know i need the 9 audio codec because it says how its encoded with the 9 audio codec

kronas
25-06-2003, 01:18
Originally posted by Defiant
Thats because its hidden ;)

ok how do i get to it smarta*se :D

Defiant
25-06-2003, 01:32
Originally posted by kronas
ok how do i get to it smarta*se :D

Well I'm at work now on a Windows NT4 machine so I'll have to try and remember. On XP go to control panel,
http://www.udel.edu/topics/windowsxp/control%20panel.jpg

Then click on Folder Options. and in their you should find the options to remove the hidden folders. As I say can't be anymore exact while at work

kronas
25-06-2003, 01:35
ok cheers :D :D

kronas
25-06-2003, 17:28
so does anyone know how i can get this media file to play i have windows media player 8 and the 9 codecs installed i get video but no sound and its encoded with the 9 audio codec