PDA

View Full Version : mobile phones - ending contracts

Dave Stones
05-10-2005, 16:38
specifically with Vodafone and Orange. I have two contracts that are expiring shortly and I would like to give them their 30 days notice :)

I had a letter template knocking around that you could send to orange a while back, but i forget it.

So, what do i put in the letter, and what are the relevant postal addresses to send them to? :)

Stephen
05-10-2005, 16:40
well for vodafone you need your account number, your mobile number, address as well as your sig at the bottom of the letter. I forgot the address to write to but they told me it when I called them up, still not done it though. Wish they could just do it over the phone.

Charlie_Bubble
05-10-2005, 16:44
Why write, phone them up. They're normally ok with that. I've ended my last 3 or 4 contracts by just calling up and asking to end the contract.

Dave Stones
05-10-2005, 16:54
Why write, phone them up. They're normally ok with that. I've ended my last 3 or 4 contracts by just calling up and asking to end the contract.

well i tried that last time with orange, they said no i had to write to them. and i hate vodafone customer services, so the less contact there the better :angel:

me283
05-10-2005, 19:01
You could try just going into one of their shops?

Alternatively, just call them up, ask the minimum info they need and where to send it to, and cancel the Direct Debit... I always find they take notice then!

Dave Stones
05-10-2005, 19:04
well the orange one is sorted, they rang me up asking if i wanted to upgrade so i said no and wanted to end, they were ok :)

i can't actually remember half my vodafone info so i guess i'll just wait until the bill comes, and then fire it off to their returns address with "cancellations department" on the top or some such ;)