PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger 6

NEONKNIGHT
24-06-2003, 23:39
I want to use Norton Virus checker to scan any received files sent through MSN Messenger. I know how to get to the option's to set this up in messenger and how to locate the Norton Folder on my PC but which file should I select in the norton folder to use?
My OS is XP Home Edition and Norton is 2002 edition.

Cheers:dunce:

NEONKNIGHT
25-06-2003, 00:03
Been advised to use the 'NAVWNT.EXE' File.

Cheers Tez for the advice M8:)

mat1t
25-06-2003, 00:10
Depending on how Nortons is configured, it is probably scanning every file you read and write to the hard disk anyway! By default (as in out of the box) Nortons 2002 is configured to scan each and every file before you access it.

This should solve the need to specify a path to MSN, but i can understand if you'd rather be safe than sorry. Has never let me down before though! :)

M@

NEONKNIGHT
25-06-2003, 00:17
Just did a test with the specified file and it works a treat.:D

bopdude
25-06-2003, 02:50
Just as a slightly off topic reply,

If you get a lot of quarantined files, ie Norton's could not repair, check in your NAV folder under quarantine.

Last week I posted about this, I had over 3 gig's worth of files, wondered where my hdd space had gone.

I deleted all files inside and to date no ill effects.. NAV, don't know what went wrong there :)

Dupre
26-06-2003, 15:39
Neon, you'd be best updating to Norton 2003, they have a tendancy to discard updating there old software once the new comes out, just to get you to buy the latest.

If you need a copy, i could drop one through your letter box ;-) for testing purposes ofcourse.